New member, new PRS

The easiest way to fix the screw that does nothing is to pull the strings off and remove the screw. Go to your local hardware store and find a square nut that fits the screw perfectly. Remount with the original spring and the nut on the very bottom of the pickup bracket. When adjusting the pickups, I like the Lindy Fralin method. Close your eyes, and raise or lower the neck pickup to get to the sound you want. If it's a little too muddy, or one of the strings lacks clarity, raise or lower the pole pice for the string. When that's done, go to the bridge pickup and do the same. Then use the selector switch to make sure you like the balance between the two. A good cleaning and polish will make your stunning guitar look even better. It's a real beauty that I'd be proud to own. The battle scars prove it was worthy of being gigged. Enjoy it.

I just took my pickups out and it does have Santana pickups and it looks like it is an Artist stock what ever that is.
Looks like I can fix my pickup height by getting that screw back down.

Jcolm, I took your advice and bought black knobs and they look much better that the clear ones.

How do I find out what the MODCAT from this pic?

Tg5g9EN.jpg

qmBa092.jpg

Tg5g9EN.jpg

How do I find out what the MODCAT from this pic?

Tg5g9EN.jpg

qmBa092.jpg

Tg5g9EN.jpg
I don't think it has a true MODCAT. It says "Artist Stock" and "Item GEN-CUSTOM". That tells me that it falls outside the purview of MODCAT, same way Wood Library runs and PS don't get MOCDATs.

Back