New Faded Evergreen CU24 Artist

By the way: Which country are you from? All standard Faded Evergreen Custom 24 (non-artist package etc.) I've found are in Europe and if I remember correctly, the color was actually a limited run just for the european market. That leaves just the few Experience models for the rest of the world... However, at least since model year 2016, Faded Evergreen is available as an Artist Package finish and we might see some more of it in the future :)
I'm in the USA. If 2016 was the first year they started offered it in the Artist Package, then I guess I got lucky I wasn't ordering this a year earlier.

* imagine a Faded Northern Lights
If done correctly (when does PRS not do that..) that would look amazing, especially if they only did it on tops that had the correct grain to match.

Beautiful, absolutely love the color. Didn't know "faded evergreen" was an option but that is now top of the list for future buys...

How's the maple neck working out? I'm guessing it's a satin finish similar to the CE24?

How's the maple neck working out? I'm guessing it's a satin finish similar to the CE24?
Yes, it is a very light satin finish, just barely above bare wood. I am not too picky on the finishes of necks (unless it is super-sticky or something), but I was scared when I first starting playing this. The satin was so "not there" that I thought it might not give the right feeling and throw off playing. But after a few minutes going up and down it, I'm actually starting to like it more than my other guitars around here (The two F's satin finish maple necks are feeling heavily coated now). As far as sound, I can't say that I can hear any lack of sustain or anything -- I was scared about it lacking that great PRS core sustain sound, but this thing still has it. Then again I don't have another one handy with a hog or rosewood neck to A-B directly.

Sounds promising. I did check out the CE24 neck and was pretty impressed with the finish. I would also be really interest in hearing from someone who's had the opportunity to A/B a Maple vs RW / Hog neck CU24. I believe you also went with the ebony board - lots of bright on that neck! In theory at least. I wonder if anyone could really notice a sharp contract compared to regular spec when listening to sound clips on a "blind test" basis.

Back