New Elixir HD strings are huge improvement for SE Angelus

Mycrophone

Hi, I have an SE Angelus Custom. While I love the sustain and tone from the soundbox, I felt that the 12-53 strings I was using (Elixir Nanoweb) somehow could be improved upon but wasn't sure how. I read about the new Elixir HD Nanoweb Lights which put an extra gauge point on the three top strings and thus have 13, 17, 25, 32, 42, 53. I bought the Phosphor Bronze version of the HD Nanowebs and was blown away by the huge improvement - especially on the G string. As if it wasn't good enough already, now it sounds many times better. I have tried both 80/20 bronze and Phosphor Bronze in these new HD strings and find the the PBs definitely give more body and a natural warmth with the rosewood soundbox. (It may be that the 80/20 bronze would be better on the Standard SE Angelus mahogany body - you would need to experiment). Anyway, I wholeheartedly recommend that you try these new strings and see if you concur. I think you will be hugely surprised.

Thanks for the info. Been curious about the HD's. Next string change on my SE Angelus Custom will be these guys.

Back