New 2018 Santana SE Standard

Pacemaker1000

Anybody else tried one of these?
Apart from looking a lot better than the 2017 model what else has changed? Better pickups?
My only comparison is with a 2016 SE Santana which is more expensive. Playability seems the same though
No reviews online yet, but if you want to stick with 22 frets than the Standard seems the only alternative now.
Cheers

Contemplating returning this guitar
As said my only reference was the more expensive 2017 model SE Santana which sounded a lot better

I really can't answer in detail as I do not own a Santana (wish I did). I can say that you seem to be comparing the SE standard to the regular SE Santana. The standard does not have the maple top which would be why it is less expensive and sounds different. It's not the year, it's the model.

Unfortunately i am returning the guitar.
I spent all night comparing with my Mexican Tele...and it dosn't!
When i tried the SE Santana (2016 22 fret version) it sounded considerably better in comparison to a demo Tele but this one does not.
On clean it can not match the Tele, as expected, but i did expect to hear a stronger performance with gain on some ACDC/ ZZ Top settings as per the SE but it is weak and no better than my Tele's single coils?
So the search goes on for a compliment to the Fender
May try and source an old stock demo 2016/17 22 fret, although i didn't realise how shorter the neck is on the PRS so may give the 24 version a try too

cheers Guys

Back