Need a little help please

jjpish68

About two weeks ago I changed strings on my CU22 and hung it back on the wall. Been playing my 24 mostly these days and had not picked up 22 until tonight. When I did the E & A had terrible buzz. Upon inspection both strings are visibly lower than the rest.

So is this a neck adjustment or bridge adjustment? Used the same strings as always and this problem did not exist prior to this time.

Don't know if you can see from pictures but they are lower by quite a bit.

Thank You

aF6drL3.jpg

1uuFerH.jpg

Thank you. I will check that after dinner. I did remove all at once and bridge to give her a good cleaning. I’m hoping that is all it is. Thank you for jumping in and pointing me in a direction.

So I'm confused because I don't think that is the problem...

Only fits one way. I can't believe its a neck issue as E&A are visibly lower coming right out of the bridge. I'm stumped. Any thoughts or ideas?

nEkxmdP.jpg

SmtP1JH.jpg

We were talking about an issue that can occur with a trem which yours doesn't have.

One thing that I don't like with wrap around bridge is if you take it apart like you did and clean it, you can actually spin the posts which alters the height.

I put locking posts on my Mccarty so bridge stays tight when you take all the strings off.

We were talking about an issue that can occur with a trem which yours doesn't have.

One thing that I don't like with wrap around bridge is if you take it apart like you did and clean it, you can actually spin the posts which alters the height.

I put locking posts on my Mccarty so bridge stays tight when you take all the strings off.

I knew I didn’t have trem (do on my 24) but thought maybe bridge sat in grooves on fix bridge. So I’m guessing I just need to adjust post to get it back where it might have been before I cleaned it. How far can I adjust? Is there a standard amount of thread that need to be in?

It's not the kind of thing that has to be screwed in tight, those posts screwing in/out are the height adjustment for the bridge. So probably needs at least the bass side raised. That's why I rarely take all the strings off my stoptails all at once, keeping tension on it keeps the posts from turning.

Well don’t I feel silly.....

First time I took off all strings at once didn’t realize it would knock it out of adjustment like that.

Got it all straight now.

Thank you for the help appreciate it.

I always say the safest thing to do is sell a guitar before you have to change the strings.

That way, you’re not bothered by issues like these, and you always have a new guitar to play! :)

Oh all right, perhaps I’m kidding around. :rolleyes:

Les may be joking, but he's right. Changing guitars is easier than changing strings, and it's far more environmentally friendly. No little envelopes to throw away.

Les may be joking, but he's right. Changing guitars is easier than changing strings, and it's far more environmentally friendly. No little envelopes to throw away.

Speaking of environmentally friendly, I must be out of touch. I saw something on TV last weekend about recycling guitar strings. Turns out D'Addario started something up with a firm called Tera-Cycle. Looks like most GC's participate. Guess I'll have a reason to pop in to the local GC.

Back