NBPPASD!

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
That'd be New Battery Powered Portable PA Speaker Day!

I've decided to do some busking around Cincinnati, and most of the buskers I see getting good reactions do have some amplification. So, after doing some research, I decided to go with the Mackie Thump Go - 200 watts, advertised 12 hour battery life, indoor/outdoor modes...the only thing it's missing IMO is reverb. In my initial testing it sounds great - more to follow as I use it, which won't be til sometime next week because I'm headed to Nashville for the weekend.

thumpgo.jpg

Cool, very interested in how it works out for you. I've been looking at these, just haven't sprung for one yet.

Hope you have a great time in Nashville.

That'd be New Battery Powered Portable PA Speaker Day!

I've decided to do some busking around Cincinnati, and most of the buskers I see getting good reactions do have some amplification. So, after doing some research, I decided to go with the Mackie Thump Go - 200 watts, advertised 12 hour battery life, indoor/outdoor modes...the only thing it's missing IMO is reverb. In my initial testing it sounds great - more to follow as I use it, which won't be til sometime next week because I'm headed to Nashville for the weekend.

thumpgo.jpg
Congrats! I use the Bose S1. You'll love having an "everywhere" PA. Does this have Bluetooth?

I always joke the S1 is the worlds most expensive Bluetooth speaker.

"Why do I feel if I went busking I'd be inflicting myself on the world, not adding entertainment to it?"

"Because in your case, you would be inflicting yourself on the world."

"I was hoping you'd say I'd be entertaining as hell."

"Nuh-uh. Nope. Dream on, pal. It's my job to stop you from embarrassing your bad self."

Back