NBD- A Journey to the Bottom...

Dancing Frog

Senior 513 Whore
In the theater show that I just finished, we had really good guitar player playing bass. He had a blast, but I felt it was sort of just a shame. I promised that if we ever did a show together again that I would play bass. So, here we are....
IMG_2217.JPG
IMG_2222.JPG

Finished my first practice session tonight. Need to build up the callouses on my right hand, but I didn't have the mechanical issues that I thought I'd have playing finger style. Now, I just have to make the brain connection between the bass clef and the fretboard which seems to have been the problem every time I try to play bass on guitar synth. I keep thinking the low B is an E even though my ears tell me different. It's going to be awhile to deprogram that, and then I need to learn how to slap.

Wow! You’re gonna be delivering a “mother-load” of “whoop-a$$” with that bad boy! Nice:D

Awesome!

Man, I saw this on PRSGOW, and thought: that is the color of one of the basses I'm watching on Reverb. You must have snagged it. But nope, it is still out there. The finish is called "Trippy Burst" according to that listing.

If it was a grand less I'd snag it for my wife, but I guess I'll continue to troll the used sites. There have been good deals on GG-5s in the past, I just need to be patient (I have until Christmas, I suppose...).

Awesome!

Man, I saw this on PRSGOW, and thought: that is the color of one of the basses I'm watching on Reverb. You must have snagged it. But nope, it is still out there. The finish is called "Trippy Burst" according to that listing.

If it was a grand less I'd snag it for my wife, but I guess I'll continue to troll the used sites. There have been good deals on GG-5s in the past, I just need to be patient (I have until Christmas, I suppose...).
If it was the one from Chuck Levins, that was the one. It still seems to be up on the site. You can get good really good deals from Chuck's if you show up in person.

If it was the one from Chuck Levins, that was the one. It still seems to be up on the site. You can get good really good deals from Chuck's if you show up in person.
I went to check, but it is gone, so that must have been it!

Showing up in person at most PRS dealers is difficult from my Central Florida location - there are a few in the state, but none within an hour's drive, AFAIK. So I shop online almost 100%.

Back