NAMM 2016 Predictions

I predict that John Mayer will visit the PRS booth and actually demo his new guitar
Me too. I'm guessing we'll see an amp too. And I'm really bummed that I'm not going to be there to see it.

Mayer is big news for any guitar company.

There's no internet in Germany. Al Gore hasn't been there.
Who said that? Something must have got wrong with that, ´cause I can place posts...

Yeah... sorry about that, Alan. It's not personal. I'm still a PRS guy. Hell, I just bought an NF3 from JustMund (via Sergio). Long-story-short: we moved to Germany last April and the routine(s) we used to keep just didn't work anymore. Between my new job, my marriage, my daughter, my band, and heavy travel, there isn't much time for guitar forums. Even if there was, I'm in a very different place these days. It wouldn't be the same.

Paul (and the PRS company) have been exceedingly kind - and astonishingly generous - to me and to my girls. I'm also grateful that he and my brother Shawn allowed me to be a part of the team that established this forum. It was a privilege and I gained a great deal of wisdom from the experience. I'm a fairly senior guy in a very large, multi-billion-dollar company so I was surprised by the things I learned about culture, group dynamics, and the value of a life lived (in all domains) with authenticity. Some days I wish I could have a mulligan and do it again better - but then the lesson would be gone.

This community (and the Birds and Moons forum that came before it) is the place where I met the very best friends I've ever had. It will always be dear to me.

Happy New Year to you and to the rest of the fellas, Alan. You are missed.

~Hans

Welcome to Germany! I don´t know where you have been moved to (I guess it should be one of the bigger cities likewise Munich, Frankfurt, Cologne, Berlin, Hamburg.), but if there are any questions regarding living in Germany I could offer advice as a "home grown plant" (Write a PM and I´ll try to do my best.).

Hm, NAMM 2016 predictions...
CE24 has been launched already...
513s have been improved in 2014 (hand-wiring instead of PCB), and the model is not in that demand.

A few of my German fellows would like to make PRS offering a real Strat-style guitar with three singlecoils, bolt-on maple neck.
But actually PRS´ stock (Core and S2) has nearly just double humbucker guitars.

I´m curious about what PRS will present.

Welcome to Germany!
Danke schöen.

Ich sprach Deutsch als ich ein kind war. Es ist nicht einfach die sprache für eine zweite zeit zu lernen.

A few of my German fellows would like to make PRS offering a real Strat-style guitar with three singlecoils, bolt-on maple neck.

Have you looked at the SE EG3 or the DC3?

[imghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e249/wwjd388/Guitars/IMG_2469.jpg[/img]

167788-4.jpg

Personally, I prefer the 305 (but it's not a bolt-on).

PRS305-05_zpsc3fef8ee.jpg

Hans,

Just testing to see how bad my German language skills are - Do you say that you spoke German as a kid and that you are having a tough time learning it a second time (as an adult)? If yes, I can sympathize with you. I had to learn the German language at age 40 and was only modestly successful (after a lot of effort).

Your writing skills are absolutely good, Hans! And I bet your oral language are same.
It is just to dare acting in that "foreign" language.

Personally I'm very curious about any PRS news announced at NAMM booth.
I've got a friend who's currently heading to the exhibition as representative of largest German musician's forum (Musiker-Board).

Back