NAD!!!

prs19

This is my first PRS amplifier. I helped a good friend move tonight after work and just got home to a sleeping son. All I have been able to do is take it out of the box and admire. Tone report to follow.

3D3ADC49-BCE7-4405-B385-5EF2D193E1FE_zpshwdmcsnm.jpg

E1DE75E6-EBCF-48D8-850C-F2E04BEC0E10_zpsrxngo6bo.jpg

Thanks to @Ben Calhoun for a flawless transaction and well packed amp. You seriously owe it to yourself to stop by Righteous Guitars in Roswell GA. I've posted on this forum before but it is a PRS fans dream store!!!

I have its twin. I swapped out the stock speaker for a Celestion G12H-75 Creamback. I didn't like the stock speaker. It really sounds good with that creamback.

Congrats on the amp! You are absolutely right about Righteous Guitars - total PRS candyland, and very nice guys to deal with.

Won't claim this is a tone report per say as I only spent about 10 mins this morning making sure everything worked well. I got to spend a good bit of time with the 25 watt combo before ordering the 50 watt version so i knew a flavor of what I was getting into. Still very, very impressed. The gain channel has a reputation for metal. While that part is definitely there, the volume knob on the guitar with a 9 o'clock or less position on channel volume/gain on the amp gives an incredible degree of driven sounds. Other thing I noted is the drive channel (and clean by extension) is virtually silent when you are not playing. I didn't have the output volumes up very high but on most amps that I have had at similar volume levels on a drive channel there was noticeable hiss/noise. Not this one! Hopefully get to put the gmajor in the loop and the best tonics control cable tonight.

In its permanent location below.

B7256F87-8491-4643-A950-63394828C431_zpskhufpm1z.jpg

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
Congrats on the new amp!

The gain channel has a reputation for metal. While that part is definitely there, the volume knob on the guitar with a 9 o'clock or less position on channel volume/gain on the amp gives an incredible degree of driven sounds.

This. Some time after I got my Archon, someone asked about what it could cover. So I took the channel volumes through the entire range. The clean channel gets a bit crunchy at max, but the range of crunch on the dirty channel is most impressive. It doesn't clean up completely at the low end, but it strikes me as a strong rhythm crunch. It was not really what I was expecting to find - it was cleaner than I imagined. You're dead on about the reputation, but I think that lower range of the gain channel gets overlooked (and admittedly, I rarely ever go there).

Aristotle posted this in another thread over the summer. This is a great representation of the unexpected virtues of the Archon.

OMG, I LOVE the look of that black paisley combo! Congrats!

Aristotle posted this in another thread over the summer. This is a great representation of the unexpected virtues of the Archon.

Thanks and no thanks for posting this. Nice job, @aristotle - F#$%, now I need a Vela.

Won't claim this is a tone report per say as I only spent about 10 mins this morning making sure everything worked well. I got to spend a good bit of time with the 25 watt combo before ordering the 50 watt version so i knew a flavor of what I was getting into. Still very, very impressed. The gain channel has a reputation for metal. While that part is definitely there, the volume knob on the guitar with a 9 o'clock or less position on channel volume/gain on the amp gives an incredible degree of driven sounds. Other thing I noted is the drive channel (and clean by extension) is virtually silent when you are not playing. I didn't have the output volumes up very high but on most amps that I have had at similar volume levels on a drive channel there was noticeable hiss/noise. Not this one! Hopefully get to put the gmajor in the loop and the best tonics control cable tonight.

In its permanent location below.

B7256F87-8491-4643-A950-63394828C431_zpskhufpm1z.jpg

Thanks for the feedback!

Happy to see my old P245 is back playing through another black paisley Archon!!! Hope she's treating you well.

Back