NAD!

duhdewd

Got this green monster home this evening. It's an HXDA 100watt head and beautiful 2x12 cab all covered in lush green tolex. I am already calling it the Hulk! It is positively AMAZING! Every guitar I have sounds stellar through it, it is so rewarding to dial it in. I finally hooked it and my Budda up in stereo through my H9, played the Hendrix chord and promptly lost control of my bowels and achieved an eargasm simultaneously. I can't get over the BASS in this thing, it's like heroin one taste and your hooked till death. Gotta shut it down until tomorrow though it's a clear night and the dogs from miles around are yowling at me now

I don't even like green, but that still awesome!

Noice! Love the dark green, didn't even know it existed.

Last edited:
100 Watt HXDA Head AND living in East Texas? Outstanding~!

Rule #1 in the HXDA Club: Dime The Master Volume control.

Last edited:
Wow! That is GORGEOUS!!!

And being a huge fan of the HXDA - have one myself - I have to say you will love it!

Wow! That is GORGEOUS!!!

And being a huge fan of the HXDA - have one myself - I have to say you will love it!

Thanks Les. I've been doing a LOT of lurking around here and I've read and enjoyed your HXDA threads they really encouraged me to take the plunge!

Thanks Les. I've been doing a LOT of lurking around here and I've read and enjoyed your HXDA threads they really encouraged me to take the plunge!

So glad you did! Now I have to try a 100 watter to see how that works! :five:

Looks sweet!

At you age, I'm not sure ya wanna mess with anything that will impact your bowels. :D

At my age, I'm lucky to HAVE bowels instead of a colostomy bag. ;)

But what's great about a 100 watt HXDA amp (as demonstrated by LA session player Tim Pierce in a cool video about the HXDAs) isn't how loud they get. It's that there's more headroom, and perhaps a tighter low end.

I was happy to learn that in addition to playing on a LOAD of hit records, and being a PRS amp player (among many others), Tim's no spring chicken. That kind of makes me feel better...in a way...

So the bowels might get goosed, but with 100 watts, things tighten up down there. :flute:

P.S. Not too long ago I had a 400 watt, all tube, Mesa 400+ bass amp that I gigged with, so there! And there were no onstage accidents requiring that I switch from underwear to diapers...

Last edited:
Back