NAD - Sonzera 20

I’ll await your report back on WTC2 f# fugue.:)

Ha!

Won’t be happening, I’m only working on original music these days.

As much as I love Bach, the sands of time are running out, and I have lots of ideas I need to purge before I drop dead!

Check this out.

Y’all know I love me some accordion.
Nice!
Here is the utterly brilliant BWV548 fugue performed on accordion

Though I’ll just say that hearing this live, on a great organ, is just a viscerally thrilling experience

cdrzQYW.jpg

RW5aaOK.jpg

Arrived earlier. I've only tested it out with the HBII.
Some initial thoughts. Overall, I quite like it
* On this guitar, the gain channel, set as a "boosted clean" sounds much more alive than the clean. There is something somewhat muffled about the clean channel, particularly on the neck pickup. Will keep messing with it.
* The reverb, though subtle, is awesome!
* The dynamic response on both channels is great.
* It sounds, largely, quite different from my other amps. Though I can't say better.
I will likely keep it.
Here's the thing, and I'm NOT looking for a debate, just input and opinions. I still don't completely get the perceived superiority of tube amps, particularly for someone who plays with very little gain; when I do, it's usually from a pedal. This thing sounds great. However, I would definitely not say it sounds "better" in any way to the cleans on my JCs (120 & 22) - even taking the stereo chorus out of the equation. Additionally, I don't think the clean breakup is qualitatively better, though still different, from my Blues Cube Stage.
With guitars, qualitative differences are VERY apparent to me - e.g., if the thing just never intonates correctly, it makes me nuts; or if there is tremendous variability in the way notes sing...
With amps, I've still yet to play one that excites me. To me it's either "I can work with this, to get x,y, or, z timbre, that I like" or "I can't find anything useful about this amp"
What am I missing in the "glory of tubes"? I've just yet to see the need, or generate the desire, to go as high end as I do with guitars.

Very nice presentation!
But does yours still produce a signal with the Clean channel all the way down to "zero"?
Also, if I set my "Lead" channel to a clean setting, the "channel switch" makes a pop when switching from Clean to Lead...but not the other way. You??

Back