NAD: HXDA Glory!

toothace

Zombie Thirteen, DFZ
This beast arrived Friday(Thanks Bodia!!)
HXDA_zpsvkwroggf.jpg

Along with a set of NOS Siemens(which along with the Mullards Bodia had installed, give this guy 3 sets!)
HXDAtubes_zpsdmxc6ezx.jpg

Here he is bonding with his brother...
HXDAArchon_zpstotlb2rg.jpg

Set all the controls at noon and plugged in my McCarty with 85/15s. First couple strums had me wondering what I had gotten myself into, so I found a setup(Thanks Les!), dialed it in and was met with the sweet, sweet tone of bliss! Tweaked the knobs and flipped the switches back and forth for a while to see what I could get...tasty all the way!

I say to people I have drunk the PRS Kool-Aid, and it is delicious! I have yet to play an inferior product ( The HXDA makes 2 amps and 5 guitars). Who knows what will be next, but it's almost a lock it'll be something PRS!

Looking good! Glad it made the trip safe and sound. Really happy that you're loving it. I should have negotiated a semi annual cleaning into the deal :D

Gorgeous! I have had mine about a week, and I already know I need another one to put away for safe keeping. In all my years I have never had the opportunity to witness first-hand such incredible tone and bloom! And I have owned just about everything under the sun. Used to have a music store, so I played thousands of amps. This is hands down my forever baby! I would post a pic but I can't figure out how to yet! :)

Gorgeous! I have had mine about a week, and I already know I need another one to put away for safe keeping. In all my years I have never had the opportunity to witness first-hand such incredible tone and bloom! And I have owned just about everything under the sun. Used to have a music store, so I played thousands of amps. This is hands down my forever baby! I would post a pic but I can't figure out how to yet! :)

That's how I feel about my own HXDA. Exactly, except for the part about owning a music store.

It's completely the real deal.

My DG30 is also the real deal, and I have the hots for the JMod...

That's how I feel about my own HXDA. Exactly, except for the part about owning a music store.

The DG30 chases the blackface tone, correct? I still have a Holland Lil Jimi that sounds like a blackface fender. Have you ever played one? And if so, does it compare to the DG30? Still can't seem to get the photo to work! :)

The J-Mod is quite sexy. I was blown away hearing John Mayer pull off such very convincing Jerry Garcia tones, and then turn around and sound like himself/SRV. Crazy thing is, just last night for the first time I brought the HXDA into the bedroom and at talking volume had the thing singing. Couldn't believe it! The master volume is smoother than a glassy wave at high tide! Hahaha.

They need to be uploaded to a photo sharing site like Flikr or Photobucket first. Once you have them there you can either use the image button in the tool bar, or copy/paste the photo from said site.

Welcome to the Forum!

Nice amp! I lust after an HXDA...

Here is your pic, formatted to appear in-line correctly:

20170320_221804_zpsdajeuxmw.jpg

Nice guitar too, but what's with the invisible knobs? Very stealthy!

Thanks for fixing the pic! I must not be firing on all cylinders! I'll figure it out soon enough. At least it sort of worked! Hehe

Back