NA&CD

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
I've been curious about the DG's for a long time. Finally found a used one, in great condition, for the right price (cheap, relatively speaking!). Of course, I needed a cabinet for it too. Just so happens a fellow forum member that lives close had one for sale.

2013 DG30 and a practically new oversized Bogner 1x12, with a Creamback, in Cowboy tolex. A handsome pair!

It showed up Friday, without the power cable :(. A trip to Best Buy Saturday rectified that. Sunday was the first chance I had to fire it up. Low volume only Sunday. You know, townhouse and neighbors :rolleyes:. Sounds pretty good. I'm sure it would be great at those volumes with some pedals. Today, everyone's gone. Got the chance to open her up. Cranked the Master, put the Volume on 7 (or 2 o'clock). Some seriously good stuff. Rattled the ceiling tiles, and sent the dog running out of the basement! I think I'll likely hang onto this one!

I've read a bunch of Les' thoughts on these. Anyone else have any good tips to share?

qsZuR8Z.jpg

Aside from changing back and forth from Clean to Boost, check out the Presence and Top Cut controls. They are there, I believe, to help dial/tweek the amp in for different pickup output/configurations. And don't forget the Reverb. It's taper is nice and slow(unlike my Pentaluma) and very useful for just a guitar, cord and the amp. Also go to http://www.prsguitars.com/csc/amp_manuals.html and print out and read the Sewell's Tech Notes for important tube and bias information.

Welcome to the DG 30 Club~!

So glad you got one, Bodia!

Also, try cranking the gain to about 7-8, and rolling the master back a little. Good tones that way, too. But at lower gain settings, I prefer the master wide open.

Here are some fun settings, and don't forget to switch to 'Boost'

CF6dysc.jpg

Yup, that's almost exactly where I was (minus the boost switch) when the dog took off running, and a little ceiling tile dust started to fall!

Congrats my friend! Hope you reallly dig it.

And you've got two great little helpers on the way for when you can't turn it up so loud.

WOW I what that one !!! ( and the matching guitar ) you have been on a great roll lately - Cant wait ;)

Sexy rig indeed! What is its fav guitar?

Oddly, I haven't tried the DGT with it yet. I'm too lazy to carry it down two flights of steps! I keep going back to the swamp ash 513. Really like how it sounds through that amp. The SC594 with Kinman HB sized P90s sounds pretty damn good too!

The SC594 with Kinman HB sized P90s sounds pretty damn good too!

Makes perfect sense; my DG30 sounds incredibly good with the 594 Soapbar.

Did I mention that the Xotic BB pedal works especially well with the DG30?

Would have figured that combo would be great.

Makes perfect sense; my DG30 sounds incredibly good with the 594 Soapbar.

Did I mention that the Xotic BB pedal works especially well with the DG30?

It does. That 594 is fun to play!

Les, I believe I recall you talking about the BB in line with the DG. I don't have one, but do have the Xotic Soul Driven. I'll be checking out how that gets along with the DG. And thanks to DTR, I have a Timmy and Barber Gain Changer inbound as well.

It does. That 594 is fun to play!

Les, I believe I recall you talking about the BB in line with the DG. I don't have one, but do have the Xotic Soul Driven. I'll be checking out how that gets along with the DG. And thanks to DTR, I have a Timmy and Barber Gain Changer inbound as well.

Sounds like you're pretty well set on drive pedals, then - that's a good thing.

The BB is supposed to sound like a Marshall Blues Breaker, but while I'm not sure it really does that (because there's a bit of a fat midrange and a low frequency cut), the midrange blends nicely into the DG30. I find the low end cut a good thing, especially with Singlecuts, that sometimes have a bit too much low frequency content on the neck pickup.

Mine was off the board for a while, but it sounds so good with the DG30 that I went ahead with it.

Sounds like you're pretty well set on drive pedals, then - that's a good thing.

The BB is supposed to sound like a Marshall Blues Breaker, but while I'm not sure it really does that (because there's a bit of a fat midrange and a low frequency cut), the midrange blends nicely into the DG30. I find the low end cut a good thing, especially with Singlecuts, that sometimes have a bit too much low frequency content on the neck pickup.

Mine was off the board for a while, but it sounds so good with the DG30 that I went ahead with it.

That's good to know. I may pick one up just for s&g

Back