N5D - Bella is home!!!!

CONGRATS great looking ( and sounding ) guitar ;)
I think Pete could qualify as a dealer with all the guitars he has passed on ( I know I have one : )

Amazing+_7e77065d3876239be6080393a315927c.jpg

Great score, I think gold and black tops with natural back are killer on this model.
Congrats

I need to talk to my son about making some software that sends an alert ...

You can follow Pete on reverb. That's what I do... :rolleyes: It's a bit easier access but I'm not sure you can get an alert.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

The guitar arrived with a set of 9-42 gauge strings. I was going to string it with 11s, but would hate to go through the hassle of having a guitar tech adjust the intonation and truss rod. If I install 10s, do you believe I'd still need it setup? I ask this since the nearest qualified guitar tech is over 2 hours away. The local Guitar Center tech does not give me any confidence to let him work on Bella.

The guitar arrived with a set of 9-42 gauge strings. I was going to string it with 11s, but would hate to go through the hassle of having a guitar tech adjust the intonation and truss rod. If I install 10s, do you believe I'd still need it setup? I ask this since the nearest qualified guitar tech is over 2 hours away. The local Guitar Center tech does not give me any confidence to let him work on Bella.

Didn't you say earlier that you got it from a "local" forum member? How close are you? If you're in the area, I've got a couple of recommendations.

I meant local as in our local PRS forum member. I live in South Texas. San Antonio is north from me. :)

Actually, they were .095-.044. I think you could get away with going to 10's without a setup. I switch back and forth a lot between 9.5's and 10's without doing a setup, with good results...

FIrst off, congrats on an absolutely beautiful guitar! Second on the setup question, I've found that in general PRSi don't move as much as most other guitars so I doubt that you would need a new setup going from 9.5's to 10's.

Back