N(U)GD again!

Dude, the 8 tone could be cool. While I'm mulling over options, would you mind telling me what all I would need to order to accomplish the 8 tone setup?

Volume pot, push/pull tone pot, and a four-pole five-position rotary switch like the one from StewMac. http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Electronics/Components_and_Parts/Switches/Rotary_Switches.html

I like the 180pf cap for the treble bleed and the 2.2 and 1.1k resistors for the splits. And of course you need a cap for the tone control.

Are you sure it's a '98? The Phase II keys weren't introduced until '02. Could've been asked, of course. Those are aftermarket pickups. They have two rows of screws and Dragons should have a row of screws and a row of slugs. Wire colors don't match PRS either.

Volume pot, push/pull tone pot, and a four-pole five-position rotary switch like the one from StewMac. http://www.stewmac.com/Pickups_and_Electronics/Components_and_Parts/Switches/Rotary_Switches.html

I like the 180pf cap for the treble bleed and the 2.2 and 1.1k resistors for the splits. And of course you need a cap for the tone control.

Are you sure it's a '98? The Phase II keys weren't introduced until '02. Could've been asked, of course. Those are aftermarket pickups. They have two rows of screws and Dragons should have a row of screws and a row of slugs. Wire colors don't match PRS either.

Hmm, didn’t know that about the Dragons but going to pull stuff to take a look. That was what the previous owner told me, so either they knew that or were led to believe the same as me.

The keys were mentioned up front being aftermarket cause they weren’t a fan of the previous version. That said, with some fresh strings on it last night, it definitely played well.

So I finally pulled the pups on my ‘98 CE.

Looks like the previous owner tossed in some Suhr’s.

The neck is a Suhr DSV neck, with the bridge being a Suhr DSH bridge. Thinking I want to order a new volume, tone and 5 way rotary if that will work with these.

That is very true. I'm definitely terrified of shipping from Atlanta, but I might give them a call tomorrow to see what my options are.

This thing really is pleasant to look at. I don't mind the few chips and bruises here and there. Not bad for a 20yo guitar. I guess you could call it vintage in some circles. Fresh set of 10's just put on it, and I'm going to see if I can get the hang of this switch. I honestly can't get a good feel for where the positions are supposed to be.

If you can solder well then go to prs site and look up the schematics for the switching you want.

Back