N(to me)GD - P245 SH in Trampas Green

shinksma

What? I get a title?
Some of you may have noticed I have had a hankering for a P245 SH ever since they came out, heightened by the reviews I've heard, and then exacerbated by the model being discontinued. There was one in Trampas Green I almost jumped on in January for a great price, but I didn't. I had consoled myself that I would probably have to wait to find one in a year or two on the used market.

Fortunately, a fellow forumite was looking to move his P245 SH to fund a new purchase, and got in contact. Ta da! I now have a P245 SH in Trampas Green (after a minor delay due to UPS thinking we were closed on Friday). Same color but a better top than the one I saw in January, too! Thanks @bodia!

20170417_111825crop_1024_zpswesgyzez.jpg

This is as close to a 10-top as you can get without being called a 10-top, IMHO. My so-called CU24 10-top doesn't look this good!

20170417_113605_1024_zpsyuckvlbd.jpg

20170417_114259crop_1024_zps6f5sdm4s.jpg

Pics are taken inside, with some ambient light coming in - it is a bit overcast outside (but it won't rain, dammit! We need rain!), so maybe I'll get good sunny shots later in the week.

I played it briefly (15 min) through my small pedalboard (with amp emulator) and portable acoustic amp. It sounds very nice, and the neck (Pattern) is quite beefy compared to my P24 (Pattern regular). I can't wait to sample the 58/15s against the 57/08s in my P24 and the variety of pups I have in my other core PRSi, through some "real" amps at home, like my Archon.

Oh, and here's an interesting comment I got while "auditioning" the guitar (in my shipping and receiving department - they like my little mini-concerts when I get a new toy): someone commented that this guitar sounds different from the last one (the RL SH Vela), which sounded different from the the one before, and the one before that - that all the guitars I have received here at work and tested out all sound different from each other, and not by just tiny amounts.

So there ya go, I needed this one not only because of the unique piezo/SC combo, but also because it truly does sound different!

So my reasoning for a SC594 is all queued up and ready to be actioned! (Next year, perhaps.)

Rad!

Damn, I didn't even recall Bodia buying this.. What else you hiding?
Yeah, I went hunting for a NGD post or similar from him to see pics, and there was no photographic evidence trail. He did mention having a P245 SH in a few threads started by others. So, behold!

btw, the phrase trampas green seems meaningless (i.e. "trampas" is not a shade of green) - the word "trampa" is Spanish for "trap" or "cheating", so "trampas" means "traps". "Trampa" is also Swedish for "pedal" (noun & verb) or "stomp/tramp" (verb). Also, Trampas was a character on the 60s TV series "The Virginian" played by Doug McClure.

Where/how does PRS come up with these names?

Yeah, I went hunting for a NGD post or similar from him to see pics, and there was no photographic evidence trail. He did mention having a P245 SH in a few threads started by others. So, behold!

It's out there. It was a NG&AD in January 2016. Sergio is losing it. I went back and looked. He gave it a "bangin'!"

Enough though, grip it and rip it! Crank her up!

btw, the phrase trampas green seems meaningless (i.e. "trampas" is not a shade of green) - the word "trampa" is Spanish for "trap" or "cheating", so "trampas" means "traps". "Trampa" is also Swedish for "pedal" (noun & verb) or "stomp/tramp" (verb). Also, Trampas was a character on the 60s TV series "The Virginian" played by Doug McClure.

Where/how does PRS come up with these names?
I don't know about Trampas Green but I've been told that some colors are named after a PRS employee. They specifically said that Matteo Blue and Eriza Verde were named for Matt Eriza.

It's out there. It was a NG&AD in January 2016. Sergio is losing it. I went back and looked. He gave it a "bangin'!"

Enough though, grip it and rip it! Crank her up!
hah, found your thread. Weird it didn't show up last time I searched - but I have noticed the forum search software sometimes glitches - when I search for "family" the thread about posting PRSi family photos doesn't show up all the time. But of course, checking now, it works. :shrug:

Oh, and now that I've looked at your old NG&AD thread, although my Guitar-Acquisition-Syndrome is currently abated my HXDA-Acquisition-Syndrome is now fully re-lit!

hah, found your thread. Weird it didn't show up last time I searched - but I have noticed the forum search software sometimes glitches - when I search for "family" the thread about posting PRSi family photos doesn't show up all the time. But of course, checking now, it works. :shrug:

Oh, and now that I've looked at your old NG&AD thread, although my Guitar-Acquisition-Syndrome is currently abated my HXDA-Acquisition-Syndrome is now fully re-lit!

I'm afraid I was only able to cure Toothace's HXDA GAS! :cool:

Back