My SCT IRW returns to its place of birth for some serious make-over

juka

Pioneer Of The SCF
This is pretty exciting, because shipping a guitar back over the big pond is not only really expensive but also really complicated.

Thanks to Shawn and Dave for all their support so far!

I will be glad to share any pic Shawn sends me while it's at the PTC. Hint, hint ;-)

This really is a dream come true even if this means that my other dream (=visting the PRS Experience) will be postponed for quite some time due to financial reasons :-(

@Shawn: Thanks for your patience and support and please send as many pictures from the work in progress as you can without neglecting your other duties.

Looking forward to seeing the results!

The cost of shipping is the only thing stopping me sending my guitar in for a re-fret. Justifiable for a US PRS though - and that one looks great!

Looking forward to seeing the results!

The cost of shipping is the only thing stopping me sending my guitar in for a re-fret. Justifiable for a US PRS though - and that one looks great!

The 3D-Effect on this 10top is really unbelieveable, the pics don't do it justice.

Will keep you updated. If everything goes well, the guitar will be back in approx. 3 weeks.

We'll take good care of her Juka

Yes, I know.
And that's why I strongly believe that despite the costs, the risks and the hassles of shipping my guitar around half of the globe, it will be worth every penny.

I would have preferred to hand over my guitar to you in person and get to know the whole PTC-Team f2f, but maybe someday I will make it over to the Experience.

Please send me lots of pictures!

The 3D-Effect on this 10top is really unbelieveable, the pics don't do it justice.

Will keep you updated. If everything goes well, the guitar will be back in approx. 3 weeks.

3 weeks is a good turn around considering how far it has to travel. I looked into how much to send a guitar. I knew it'd be expensive and I wasn't wrong! :)

I'm so frustrated! Shipment was scheduled for today, but Fedex refused to accept the shipment due to allegedly missing paperwork, which I cannot provide as a private person!? I'm at a loss ;-(

Juka,
I'm loving the color of your PRS SCT! Is it Amber? It's gorgeous! I hope Shawn takes pix too! Good luck with everything.

Juka,
I'm loving the color of your PRS SCT! Is it Amber? It's gorgeous! I hope Shawn takes pix too! Good luck with everything.

The color is called McCarty Tobacco Sunburst. It's more yellow than amber and gives the top an incredible 3D effect.

Still haven't found a way to ship it to the US, but definitively will avoid Fedex after this experience!

Maybe someone from Europe, who successfully shipped his guitar to the PTC, could share his experience.

Last edited:
Shipping guitars to the US has become incredibly difficult, but finally she is on her way!
Please all keep your fingers crossed that from now on everything goes smoothly.

Shipping guitars to the US has become incredibly difficult, but finally she is on her way!
Glad to hear it! Keep us posted on the progress...

Pleased it's on it's way for some special care. Would you mind sharing details of cost and what you had to do? It would be useful for others over 'here' who might want to do the same thing.

Still waiting for a feedback from Dave or Shawn, but my guitar should have arrived at the factory today :)

Pleased it's on it's way for some special care. Would you mind sharing details of cost and what you had to do? It would be useful for others over 'here' who might want to do the same thing.

I can't tell you much about the costs until I have seen the final invoice. As said before it won't be cheap but should be worth every penny ;-)

The only advice I can give is, if you live in the EU and think about sending your guitar to the PTC, grab your guitar and visit a customs office (specialized on export) beforehand. With a little luck you will find a customs officer, who is knowledgable enough and willing to help, because there doesn't seem to be an easy way anymore.

I don't know how big the demand is, but maybe PRS should think about a European branch for the PTC

So it finally arrived at the factory today. :)

Don't know what the hell took Fedex so long, as it was planned for delivery on May 30th.

As it took me over a month to get my guitar over the pond I hope Shawn can still remember my order ;-)

... and sends lots of pictures of the work in progress!

Shawn is the man!! He will take great care of you, I know first hand, took phenomenal care of my Tremonti!! Glad to hear its in the hands of the PTC and made it safely over!! Trust me...it will be home before you know it!

Back