My newest (and maybe best!) PRS idea in a while....

AaeCee

So how 'bout this:

Singlecut Hollowbody with......

wait...

wait...

two Narrowfields!

Gotta be great!

right??

Oh, Merry Christmas everyone!

Sounds good to me.
I always like to add a piezo to a hollow body, but not everyone agrees - I like the blends I can get.
Good idea. Piezo added!

I'd think that would have to be a great set up. Mini-humbuckers are certainly popular on jazz boxes, and I've always found them to be exceptionally versatile anyway. The few times I've tried the PRS NF'S they sounded great, and not 'spikey' like some other mini's I've played.

Probably would sound GREAT. Might look a bit odd though. I always thought the 25th McCarty(or whatever McCarty body guitar they were on)looked a bit strange. Maybe it was just me. P90's look fine...maybe just cause they're a "newer", different look. 24.5" scale would be good.

Just 2 NFs looks weird but 3 seems just fine... Would be very interesting. I didn't care for the sound of NF pups in a Hog body/Maple cap guitar but a Hollowbody could be as good as they are in Swamp Ash...

Probably would sound GREAT. Might look a bit odd though. I always thought the 25th McCarty(or whatever McCarty body guitar they were on)looked a bit strange. Maybe it was just me. P90's look fine...maybe just cause they're a "newer", different look. 24.5" scale would be good.
Yeah, I thought about that big space in between, but think of all the jazz types that have only one mini in the neck. My way will provide a lot more sonic latitude, and give you plenty of free picking space to explore it!

Yeah, I thought about that big space in between, but think of all the jazz types that have only one mini in the neck. My way will provide a lot more sonic latitude, and give you plenty of free picking space to explore it!
This is true.

Back