My new PRS A40E

Sonnny

Ok so now I don’t longer have to get headaches after thinking about if I should get the A40E or A50E.
Today at my birthday my wife have got me this beautiful A40E!
I couldn’t be happier! It feels absolutely perfect for me and the tone is perfect!
I personally think the treble is very good and shimmery, I think the A50E would be too much for me.
Love my new guitar and my wife!
SmAi7Yq.jpg

irZuUCo.jpg

uuWKsWl.jpg

HU6kXSU.jpg

tt1TVWs.jpg

a>

Last edited:
Wow beautiful! I ordered my A40E last Friday and impatiently awaiting delivery. i can also see the six pictures you posted.

Does anyone here know which strings this A40E have from the factory?

Beautiful guitar, congrats!!! My wife recently bought me the A50E and I couldn't be happier with it. Played it out at a show for the first time this past Saturday and got MANY compliments on it. These guitars really sound great in the mix.

Awesome!!! My wife got me the previous incarnation A30E (most like your A40) for my birthday last year too. We have some good wives around here!!!

We just got a couple songs back from mixing and mastering on which I used my Angelus, and man, did that thing kill on the recordings. One song it was a fingerpicked intro, the other sitting in the mix with a distorted guitar, and it nailed both. I think you're gonna like that guitar VERY much!!!

A few things about this guitar that hit me during the last 2 days:

1. The action was set up unusaully high. Besides a simple adjustment with the truss rod I had to sand down the saddle quite a bit.. Fixed!
2. The fingerboard seemed a bit dry. My friend "Fret Doctor" came for a visit;) Fixed!
3. The fretwork was not 100% perfect. The leveling is really good! but the frets had lot of fine scratches. They could have polished the frets to a further level. Fixed!

Still it is a lot of guitar for the price! And now it plays and looks even more sweeter:)

The next thing I will update on this guitar is a new set of strings, Elixir Phosphor Bronze Nanoweb HD Light. I have heard from some people that these strings could be a perfect match on this guitar.

Beautiful guitar, congrats!!! My wife recently bought me the A50E and I couldn't be happier with it. Played it out at a show for the first time this past Saturday and got MANY compliments on it. These guitars really sound great in the mix.

Congrats on your A50E:)

Awesome!!! My wife got me the previous incarnation A30E (most like your A40) for my birthday last year too. We have some good wives around here!!!

We just got a couple songs back from mixing and mastering on which I used my Angelus, and man, did that thing kill on the recordings. One song it was a fingerpicked intro, the other sitting in the mix with a distorted guitar, and it nailed both. I think you're gonna like that guitar VERY much!!!

We sure do have great wifes:cool:

A few things about this guitar that hit me during the last 2 days:

1. The action was set up unusaully high. Besides a simple adjustment with the truss rod I had to sand down the saddle quite a bit.. Fixed!
2. The fingerboard seemed a bit dry. My friend "Fret Doctor" came for a visit;) Fixed!
3. The fretwork was not 100% perfect. The leveling is really good! but the frets had lot of fine scratches. They could have polished the frets to a further level. Fixed!

Still it is a lot of guitar for the price! And now it plays and looks even more sweeter:)

The next thing I will update on this guitar is a new set of strings, Elixir Phosphor Bronze Nanoweb HD Light. I have heard from some people that these strings could be a perfect match on this guitar.

This is the third post I've read where the saddle had to be adjusted. One new owner removed the pickup underneath and achieve the adjustment without sanding. Makes me wonder if the saddle was cut and the extra height of the electronics wasn't taken into account. Well, in a month I’ll have my A40E, will take a look and report back.

Thanks for posting your findings and letting me know what to look for.

This is the third post I've read where the saddle had to be adjusted. One new owner removed the pickup underneath and achieve the adjustment without sanding. Makes me wonder if the saddle was cut and the extra height of the electronics wasn't taken into account. Well, in a month I’ll have my A40E, will take a look and report back.

Thanks for posting your findings and letting me know what to look for.

Yeah I don’t think that they had the pickup in mind when putting in the saddle. Or some guitars have missed the inspection department.
Enjoy your new guitar when you get it! You gonna love it:)

Update,

I tried the Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze Light 12-53 today and didn’t care for them at all.
They took away too much of the brightness bite and they sound a little muffled and dull compared to the factory installed strings, which I think is Daddario but not sure which type. Maybe someone can confirm which ones?
Maybe the the Elixir 80/20 bronze would have been a better choice for me.
Whatever, the old strings are going back on right away because I liked them better!

Update,

I tried the Elixir Nanoweb Phosphor Bronze Light 12-53 today and didn’t care for them at all.
They took away too much of the brightness bite and they sound a little muffled and dull compared to the factory installed strings, which I think is Daddario but not sure which type. Maybe someone can confirm which ones?
Maybe the the Elixir 80/20 bronze would have been a better choice for me.
Whatever, the old strings are going back on right away because I liked them better!

You're just playing it wrong!!!!!! :) ;)

I kid, of course.

I love the Elixr Nanoweb Lights on mine. Goes to show how different each person is, with respect to what they hear.

Congrats on a stunner!

Mark - the guy who gutted the electronics like a fish, and found that the action is perfect without the pickup wiring under the saddle

Today I was notified from my dealer which strings is installed from the factory on this A40E, if anyone is curious about this.
Daddario EJ16 Phosphor Bronze Wound .012-.053.
I actually don't have anything bad to say about this strings. I like them and the guitar more everytime I play. They have a nice crispiness on the treble and upper midrange compared to the Elixir Phosphor Nanowed which I did try for a very short while on this guitar. Let's see how long they will last..

You're just playing it wrong!!!!!! :) ;)

I kid, of course.

I love the Elixr Nanoweb Lights on mine. Goes to show how different each person is, with respect to what they hear.

Congrats on a stunner!

Mark - the guy who gutted the electronics like a fish, and found that the action is perfect without the pickup wiring under the saddle

Ha. Love the signature. Thought I recognized that story. Thanks for sharing your experience. I hope the saddle on my A40E comes in perfect. Although capable, I would prefer it be perfect out of the box then to have to monkey with it. Well time will tell. Speaking of time, these past few weeks have felt like an eternity waiting for this guitar.

Back