My new "CE Special" project!

lucasf89

Ok, so I've been looking at Swamp Ash Specials for some time(not because of the wood, but because of the pickup layout,) and I couldn't ever find one that was in my price range locally. I ended getting a sweet trade for this 2002 CE 22, and thought maybe I'd just give it a little makeover and try the SAS pickup configuration. I removed the Dragon II's and replaced them with Dimarzio Bluesbuckers(Dragon II's sound great, just wanted to try something different.) I've replaced the tone pot with a push-pull to split the coils on the humbuckers, and added a Dimarzio Area 67' pickup in the middle, mounted direct to the body. I removed the PCB 5 way rotary and replaced it with the old "wafer" style switch, so I could wire it to go: Bridge, Bridge/Middle, Middle, Middle/Neck/, Neck.
Here's my progress so far: http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m587/lucasf89/PRS CE Special project/

I dig it. I did something similar to my CE-22 but I went with an SAS neck.

prs_cem_2.jpg

I can relate, this is my employees CE with a Dimarzio SAS rail in the middle. This is a 24 fretter though, and as you can see the space between the pickups is tight.

KGrHqVqUE88fkJvPiBPe6M-FkE60_3.jpg

Back