My musical works in progress

MusiquedeReve

Due to injury, I am unable to play guitar for any length of time so I have recently been attempting to compose in an orchestral/cinematic style (there is guitar on a couple of these - just basic fills)

Your thoughts and comments are welcome

Note: I made the videos with Apple Motion (in which I am clearly not an expert)

Thank you and be well

Last edited:
I am humbled by your compliment

It seems whenever I start expanding on an "intro", I go off in another direction and that becomes a new "intro" lol

Funny thing is, I have the very same problem. After about three minutes, I'm ready to move into another place. I think it could be because I'm conditioned to like pieces that last about that long from popular music styles.

Or could just be that my horizons are limited. I have no idea.

Seriously though, you're very talented. Keep going!

Funny thing is, I have the very same problem. After about three minutes, I'm ready to move into another place. I think it could be because I'm conditioned to like pieces that last about that long from popular music styles.

Seriously though, you're very talented. Keep going!

Appreciate that

I have been trying to find a vocalist to work with and wow, who knew how tough it would be to find someone to collaborate with

Cool stuff! Left me wanting more on each occasion!! You definitely need to finish up these pieces!!! I totally get the "sidetracked" stuff. It has happened to me many many times. I will be writing a song (most of my stuff starts with lyrics and melody for the same) and I will write a line, and think "oh my, that is a song in itself". Put down one I am working on, start writing new one! That distraction has resulted in me writing as many as 5 songs in a day. Not all were due to when writing one I was inspired to write another, but I have had several occasions where 3 were written due to the jump around. And I do NOT always get back to the origs and finish them, but I usually do. Then of course there is the process of turning that into a musical piece, which I am getting better at ;~))

I like the visuals you included, fun stuff to watch while listening. I especially liked the circles on Heraldry and the lines around the circle in Sphinx!

Keep it up, and commit to flushing these out into full pieces! Looking forward to the completed works!!

Cool stuff! Left me wanting more on each occasion!! You definitely need to finish up these pieces!!! I totally get the "sidetracked" stuff. It has happened to me many many times. I will be writing a song (most of my stuff starts with lyrics and melody for the same) and I will write a line, and think "oh my, that is a song in itself". Put down one I am working on, start writing new one! That distraction has resulted in me writing as many as 5 songs in a day. Not all were due to when writing one I was inspired to write another, but I have had several occasions where 3 were written due to the jump around. And I do NOT always get back to the origs and finish them, but I usually do. Then of course there is the process of turning that into a musical piece, which I am getting better at ;~))

I like the visuals you included, fun stuff to watch while listening. I especially liked the circles on Heraldry and the lines around the circle in Sphinx!

Keep it up, and commit to flushing these out into full pieces! Looking forward to the completed works!!

Thank you - yes, the "oh my, that is a song in itself" is totally what happens to me whenever I try to finish a piece

For the visuals, I have watched some Apple Motion tutorials and then just did my own thing with them - I am very much a novice with creating these visualizers so I appreciate the positive comments thereon

What I am trying to do today is see if any of these unfinished pieces (I have a lot more that I did not make visuals for to post) can be combined -- so far, I see potential in combining two current short pieces that are in the same key with similar tempos that might do the trick

At the same time, a vocalist I know asked me to write her a Lana del Rey style song, but "make it country" - well, I have been working on an LDR style song and I have not been this excited about a melody (and the accompanying lyrics I am writing) in quite some time -- so far, I have a chorus but, who knows where it will lead -- I am keeping this one close to the vest until completed though as she wants to use it on a forthcoming album once I complete it (of course, I will be registering it as mine (both songwriting and publishing)) with my PRO

Last edited:
Back