My Mick Ronson song - w/57/08s

gwardealy

Mick Ronson inspired me to need to play electric guitar. As a kid, hearing the sounds he made, I knew I had to be able to to that. Sometimes listening to him... I have to pick up my guitar and play. This is one of those times recently. The goal isn't to sound like him...it's to feel him as I play...feel that inspiration and influence.

Feel how it is when I remember him....his playing....meeting him being able to express the inspiration a teenager got from him....feeling his kindness as we stood in the doorway of hotel as he was on his way to a show...and the sadness his guitar fell silent. And the joy it can still be heard.

Well, I already mentioned this on YouTube, but that slowly nee patiently accelerating vibrato just slays me. I mean, the whole thing is nice -- I could listen to stuff like this all day -- but when I got to that, I just...
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mick Ronson inspired me to need to play electric guitar. As a kid, hearing the sounds he made, I knew I had to be able to to that. Sometimes listening to him... I have to pick up my guitar and play. This is one of those times recently. The goal isn't to sound like him...it's to feel him as I play...feel that inspiration and influence.

Feel how it is when I remember him....his playing....meeting him being able to express the inspiration a teenager got from him....feeling his kindness as we stood in the doorway of hotel as he was on his way to a show...and the sadness his guitar fell silent. And the joy it can still be heard.

Ditto to all mentioned. Ronno was my reason for guitar who lit my flame and it still burns.
Maybe it's just me but I didn't think he quite got the acclaim he deserved!!!

Very nicely played, and congrats on getting to meet him! Ronno was a player's player and one of the very sharpest producers of his era, criminally underrated in my opinion on both counts. I admire the great gooey gobs of attitude in his riffs and solos, his keen sense for the mix, and seemingly flawless intuition for where parts fit best into a song.

Back