My last Custom 50 question effects loop...

Lou Campione

I do NOT use the effects loop. DO I need to put each of the volumes a certain way? Does it effect the tone of the amp even though I am not using it? I read someone saying to put each at 2 pm?

The Custom 50 ( and H and C ) have active effects loops they work almost like a second master Volume or power soak 2'OClock according to PRS is the setting for best overall performance
I have a 2 Channel H and it works really well to tame or let it loose without overly changing the settings of your amp.
anything above 9- 10 O'clock works :) for low level playing Noon or above really lets it loose.
If find it a great extra control for the amp fun to play with !!!!!

Interestingly, on mine, I tried the 2:00/2:00 suggestion and it is a significant reduction in volume from the volume with nothing plugged into the loop. I listened very carefully and plugged/unplugged/plugged/unplugged the loop over and over. To carefully match the volume levels with the loop and without, I have to almost dime both controls. Anything less than almost all the way up on both, is a volume reduction from when there is no loop. I need to check the loop tube... but it has been that way since I got it. Heck, with both at 2:00 I can run both channel masters at noon at home. With nothing in the loop, that would be immediate visit from the wifey, or when she's not home and I do it, it literally tickles my ear drums at that volume.

Interestingly, on mine, I tried the 2:00/2:00 suggestion and it is a significant reduction in volume from the volume with nothing plugged into the loop. I listened very carefully and plugged/unplugged/plugged/unplugged the loop over and over. To carefully match the volume levels with the loop and without, I have to almost dime both controls. Anything less than almost all the way up on both, is a volume reduction from when there is no loop. I need to check the loop tube... but it has been that way since I got it. Heck, with both at 2:00 I can run both channel masters at noon at home. With nothing in the loop, that would be immediate visit from the wifey, or when she's not home and I do it, it literally tickles my ear drums at that volume.

Mine was the same way. I kept the send/return knobs cranked.

Back