My Custom24 Tremolo is Floating...is that OK?

zoe_nikotina

Hi there...

The guitar sounds OK ,keeps in tune and with a great stability... It is stringed with 0.10 but I don´t know if this will affect the guitar in the future...

thanks in advance

Steve Vai with a PRS...the direction of my tremolo is exactly the same that the one you can see in Vai´s arms
16A32F057.jpg

The PRS support page has set-up suggestions (recommendations)...it looks like the trem on the guitar pictured (Steve Vai with a PRS...cool) may be pulled up a little high...if you purchased the guitar used, someone may have messed with the two screws in the rear cavity where tension is adjusted for the trem springs, or changed string gauge. Might ask the dealer where you purchased it...he could/should adjust, especially if purchased new.???

Steve Vai has the tremolo with more forward tilt like that so he can raise the pitch more.

You're a magician for making a hunk of metal float! Every time I've tried to float a bridge, they just sunk. Threw one in the ocean one time... never saw it again. These things are damn expensive and you've got some serious cajones to try to float one. Good on ya for being successful.

Naa...I made a bridge out of Popsicle sticks one time, that would probably float...? Come to think of it, I used ALOT of glue, so maybe not...next time I'll try some sighs...

Back