Multi guitar stands?

The Guitar Stor rack holds 7 cases...room for pedals on top....I keep "the A team" here, safely in their cases.
02E11EE3-4920-43F1-987C-0370BF459746_zps32pgc1mr.jpg

One of those wire shelf storage units (without the wire shelves installed) holds about 28 cases (36 if you count a few stacked on the top shelf and some gigbags hanging off the rear shelf support). I attached wheels from a Mesa amp to the uprights of this unit so I can move it around (and carpet remnants to the shelf supports to keep from scuffing cases)
562D06BF-F3DD-4418-A525-C248DABC1A65_zps8srkmndr.jpg

One of those wire shelf storage units (without the wire shelves installed) holds about 28 cases (36 if you count a few stacked on the top shelf and some gigbags hanging off the rear shelf support). I attached wheels from a Mesa amp to the uprights of this unit so I can move it around (and carpet remnants to the shelf supports to keep from scuffing cases)

Nice! Any more picture or info on that rack? Where did you get it? Looks like you have a horizontal bar put in to make it a 2 tier system. Are the cases underneath on the rack as well or on the floor underneath the rack? Hard to tell. Tell me moar!

Looks like you have quite a collection of "empty" guitar cases. ;)

Nice! Any more picture or info on that rack? Where did you get it? Looks like you have a horizontal bar put in to make it a 2 tier system. Are the cases underneath on the rack as well or on the floor underneath the rack? Hard to tell. Tell me moar!

Looks like you have quite a collection of "empty" guitar cases. ;)

Yes...I love collecting empty guitar cases.

It's just a standard mass produced metal 3 shelf unit you can get at any Home Depot or Costco...four vertical poles with multiple holes/slots to set the heights of the six horizontal support bars. I just set the back shelf support bars higher than the front for the bottom and middle shelves and the guitar cases rest in diagonally. Rounded acoustic and LP shaped cases on bottom shelf supports (about 8" off the floor), rectangular cases in the middle, with room for a few laying flat on top shelf (depending on your ceiling height and arm length). I recommend lining the supports w carpet to protect the cases and adding heavy duty wheels...mine is in the utility area of the basement...so I can roll it out of the way to service the furnace, water heater...etc).

I also have the Tweed Fender 7 guitar stand. It's collecting dust at the moment...

I also have a couple of the Warwick 7 guitar stands. Not using them either, since I downsized a bit and hung my guitars.

Both work great!

339131616.jpg

Yes...I love collecting empty guitar cases.

It's just a standard mass produced metal 3 shelf unit you can get at any Home Depot or Costco...four vertical poles with multiple holes/slots to set the heights of the six horizontal support bars. I just set the back shelf support bars higher than the front for the bottom and middle shelves and the guitar cases rest in diagonally. Rounded acoustic and LP shaped cases on bottom shelf supports (about 8" off the floor), rectangular cases in the middle, with room for a few laying flat on top shelf (depending on your ceiling height and arm length). I recommend lining the supports w carpet to protect the cases and adding heavy duty wheels...mine is in the utility area of the basement...so I can roll it out of the way to service the furnace, water heater...etc).

Your water heater is that close to your guitars? I only ask because I had an a/c drain back up on the other side of a wall ... I happened to walk in just after it started flooding the music room but it could have been a disaster.

Your water heater is that close to your guitars? I only ask because I had an a/c drain back up on the other side of a wall ... I happened to walk in just after it started flooding the music room but it could have been a disaster.

Thanks for the warning/concern. I worry about water damage too.
It is a tankless water heater (in the photo), the bottom guitar cases are 8" off the floor, and there is a sump pump (with battery backup) in the room. Our foundation is also 40 feet above the 100 year floodplain. If they get wet...it's an act of God.

The Guitar Stor rack holds 7 cases...room for pedals on top....I keep "the A team" here, safely in their cases.

I can't find anything searching for Guitar Stor rack. Do you have a link?

I've emailed back and forth a few times to these folks. Pleasant folk.
https://www.guitarstorage.com/multiple-guitar-stands/

They did seem somewhat interested in a group buy but there would need to be (gulp), a guaranteed quantity commitment.
As I need a combo case and guitar rack, their double stack caught my eye.

...but I might go the Tosca metal \m/ wire rack route instead if I can mod it to also "gently caress" my guitars.

Hi there,

Any chance you can send a photo of your set up in another format? This photobucket issue prevents it being seen!
Much appreciated,
Louise :)

Hi there,

Any chance you can send a photo of your set up in another format? This photobucket issue prevents it being seen!
Much appreciated,
Louise :)

Ps - sorry to clarify, really keen on seeing the metal shelving set up :)

Back