Mr Tremonti's new 7 string

Bufford T

Utter ****
f1186374cc14de9e3a2692b163e60ad6_zpsr8equnph.jpg

Taken from the set of the new Alter Bridge video

Don't get it. Why would someone want a 7 string? Lets make a 14 string whilst we're at it. Or maybe a 9 string, or maybe a 27 string......

Awesome guitarist though. Seen him up close and personal a couple of yrs ago

I am more interested in his Archon based sig amp line , hope we see it soon

Don't get it. Why would someone want a 7 string? Lets make a 14 string whilst we're at it. Or maybe a 9 string, or maybe a 27 string......

Awesome guitarist though. Seen him up close and personal a couple of yrs ago

I pick a 7 up almost 80% of the time I play. I just love having access to low notes without sacrificing anything.

Sadly until prs puts out a core 7... My 7 string funds go to jp's

I don't know why he would use a baritone hybrid, "Isolation" is just in Drop C. I would see for maybe one of the songs where he's tuned that E down to Ab

He had said that the Baritone Hybrid was more for his solo stuff in Drop B.

He probably just used a regular stoptail version of his Tremonti model for "Isolation."

He had said that the Baritone Hybrid was more for his solo stuff in Drop B.

He probably just used a regular stoptail version of his Tremonti model for "Isolation."

A great deal of the AB material, especially from Blackbird and AB3 is drop B though and he's using his black signature model with Another Animal sticker on it for those tunes

A great deal of the AB material, especially from Blackbird and AB3 is drop B though and he's using his black signature model with Another Animal sticker on it for those tunes

That's the Bb Ab Db Gb Bb Eb tuning that is used in AB. Half step down + low E dropped to Bb. He doesn't really use the Hybrid for this. The Drop B used in Tremonti is B F# B E G# C#, or Drop D 1 1/2 steps down. This is really what the Hybrid is designed for.

Back