Most amazing color/finish !

That color looks spectacular with that top!

Speaking strictly from experience, a white back does look better......

Before

tiSyJFO.jpg

After

9lH9DzK.jpg

J1e9wLu.jpg

When I bought this one in April 2017, it was still call Bruise Burst.

OMG !!!! Are you kidding me? That is freakin beautiful!! Oh I have to do that. I saw a really nice Santana on Reverb a while back stained in blueish green with white back. Great combo!

OMG !!!! Are you kidding me? That is freakin beautiful!! Oh I have to do that. I saw a really nice Santana on Reverb a while back stained in blueish green with white back. Great combo!

Was that the one with the rosewood neck?

I had them "satinize" the neck as well.

Not to answer for him but, we both decided we couldn’t do that guitar because the knobs are in the wrong place.
I take it you don’t like the Santana models with the moved volume knob like mine in my avatar? The original knob placement on Santana model look cool, but I must confess, I’m used to the volume knob placement of a custom 24 so I prefer my Santana to have the same placement. Just personal preference. Rock on :D

As much as I love purple guitars of most varieties, I'm not particularly smitten with this colour combination. Not trying to dissuade anyone else from liking it, you all be you all, just...I guess I'm responding to the expectation for me to like it preemptively.

As much as I love purple guitars of most varieties, I'm not particularly smitten with this colour combination. Not trying to dissuade anyone else from liking it, you all be you all, just...I guess I'm responding to the expectation for me to like it preemptively.
Hey, i understand.

My 509 "forum-ish" guitar that is on order is this finish - i love it! But four years ago i might not have liked it...

I take it you don’t like the Santana models with the moved volume knob like mine in my avatar? The original knob placement on Santana model look cool, but I must confess, I’m used to the volume knob placement of a custom 24 so I prefer my Santana to have the same placement. Just personal preference. Rock on :D

I can’t say I don’t like ‘em, just a preference thing like you said. I certainly wouldn’t kick one outta bed.

Not to answer for him but, we both decided we couldn’t do that guitar because the knobs are in the wrong place.
I can’t say I don’t like ‘em, just a preference thing like you said. I certainly wouldn’t kick one outta bed.
I picked up a Santana last year - one of the "regular core" models, from 2011. It has the controls in the typical CU24 positions, not the traditional "Santana" location. At first I wasn't going to buy the guitar because I wanted "authentic Santana control location", but I realized i quite like the "CU24" location, and the guitar was a steal of a price.

I do still hanker after a Santana with "traditional knob placement". Maybe I'll pick up a cheap used recent SE, now that they have 24 frets, the proper 24.5" scale length, and controls a la Santana.

I picked up a Santana last year - one of the "regular core" models, from 2011. It has the controls in the typical CU24 positions, not the traditional "Santana" location. At first I wasn't going to buy the guitar because I wanted "authentic Santana control location", but I realized i quite like the "CU24" location, and the guitar was a steal of a price.

I do still hanker after a Santana with "traditional knob placement". Maybe I'll pick up a cheap used recent SE, now that they have 24 frets, the proper 24.5" scale length, and controls a la Santana.
I want to acquire a Santana 1 someday :)

I hear ya, I really love this color with this particular top. Everyone doesn't have to love it.... Rock on.

Yep! This! Although, just like Serg, I would certainly own one! I have to say, I like the knobs out of my way! Two more Satanas I would like to own at some point:
Santana 1
One with a rosewood neck

Back