More history

Status
Not open for further replies.

veronicatnorris

At one time there was a PRS Forum, it was a long time ago and I do not know the name of it. There was a feud or schism within it that resulted in its death.

The former members started at least two other boards; BAM and PRSForums. There were hurt feelings :( on both sides. Both forums were active for many years, BAM folded and PRSF is still thriving.

Two posts made this morning have lead me to believe that some of the bad blood still exists:
I POSTED:
mgman wrote
:I'm also happy to be here, this is great!
I also spend time at the Non-BAM PRS Forum. The folks here appear to be oblivious to its existence. It has a large international membership.

TheMike Responded:
"If it's the forum I think your talking about, we're not oblivious - just pretend it doesn't exist :twisted: :lol:"

It is time to move on, open our minds and get positive. Members of both forums are registering here. Some of them know PRSH and many have invested enormous amounts of time, money and love for their PRS guitars. You have talked to them at Experience. They live in Maryland, DC, Toronto, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Poland, Scandinavia and other places around the world

A mind is a terrible thing to close. Serious attempts by either group to dominate this forum will be met with pity. There is only one "We" here. :D

At one time there was a PRS Forum, it was a long time ago and I do not know the name of it. There was a feud or schism within it that resulted in its death.

The former members started at least two other boards; BAM and PRSForums. There were hurt feelings :( on both sides. Both forums were active for many years, BAM folded and PRSF is still thriving.

Two posts made this morning have lead me to believe that some of the bad blood still exists:
I POSTED:
mgman wrote
:I'm also happy to be here, this is great!
I also spend time at the Non-BAM PRS Forum. The folks here appear to be oblivious to its existence. It has a large international membership.

TheMike Responded:
"If it's the forum I think your talking about, we're not oblivious - just pretend it doesn't exist :twisted: :lol:"

It is time to move on, open our minds and get positive. Members of both forums are registering here. Some of them know PRSH and many have invested enormous amounts of time, money and love for their PRS guitars. You have talked to them at Experience. They live in Maryland, DC, Toronto, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Poland, Scandinavia and other places around the world

A mind is a terrible thing to close. Serious attempts by either group to dominate this forum will be met with pity. There is only one "We" here. :D

Ok. I’m officially throwing the “Tempest In A Teapot” flag.

I’m pretty sure Mike’s post was tongue in cheek. But let’s assume he was serious...

So what! It’s not like every other post denigrates other forums. In fact, such posts are exceedingly rare. The members here belong to LOTS of other guitar forums. Each has its purpose, each has its focus or niche. That takes nothing away from other forums. They’re just different, that’s all there is to it.

There is no active forum war, save that people have preferences. There are simply too many other interesting things to talk about than to be worrying that so-and-so said something disparaging about someone or something on some other forum.

Raising the discussion like something IS going on is the mistake.

Bringing posts from another forum here to complain about them is also a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back