Modified Monday

Thanks dudes :)

Sergio's description of the "Blanc Westie" reminded me I haven't posted any recent pics of my DC22. Nothing major here, just whacked a 53/10 in the neck to complement the existing 59/09 in the bridge (Sergio's pickup combo choice), added some resistors to the coil tap (the "resistor mod") and most obviously, the MannMade 2300 adjustable stoptail.

What can I say? This guitar is very awesome and is sometimes the only guitar I take to a gig. I always thought I'd put a NF in the middle but it doesn't need it, I dig the simplicity of this one and covers a lot of sonic territory. I intend to wear the finish off this one!

Well enough of me and on to the pics, the sun came out at rehearsal tonight so I quickly snapped these ones:

30676423300_265a02d14b_b.jpg

25342308629_cf27fd5ebb_b.jpg

30676441980_9afce4280c_b.jpg

30942548446_4fd6096461_b.jpg

I <3 you man! Cool as hell!

Gush sent me some pickups to install longer leads in. They're older HFS/VBs, we think. The neck pickup has an alnico magnet and about the right DC readings for VB. The bridge pickup has a ceramic magnet and about the right readings for a HFS. Those wooden spacers look to mahogany and they're most definitely scraps - both were very rough cut almost like they were hand sawed or something.

30691674711_3eb27a3649_h.jpg

Gush indicated he wasn't planning to use them immediately and I should check them out if I wanted to. Not one to shy away from a good guitar project, I dropped them in my SE Santana. I had a spare PRS pcb rotary and an extra black lampshade knob. Minor, but really changes the functionality.

20161110_130612.jpg

20161110_134156.jpg

Gush sent me some pickups to install longer leads in. They're older HFS/VBs, we think. The neck pickup has an alnico magnet and about the right DC readings for VB. The bridge pickup has a ceramic magnet and about the right readings for a HFS. Those wooden spacers look to mahogany and they're most definitely scraps - both were very rough cut almost like they were hand sawed or something.

30691674711_3eb27a3649_h.jpg

Gush indicated he wasn't planning to use them immediately and I should check them out if I wanted to. Not one to shy away from a good guitar project, I dropped them in my SE Santana. I had a spare PRS pcb rotary and an extra black lampshade knob. Minor, but really changes the functionality.

20161110_130612.jpg

20161110_134156.jpg

Cool. Is that a nickel silver base plate, or is it just the lighting making it look silvery/grayish?

So its not Monday BUT the guitar is done :)

Here is the abridged version

I got the NF -3 without the electronics as part of a trade, I also got a set of 59/09s in the deal

So I hatched a plan to do a kind of BM / 513 to it, but getting a 305 pickup outside of PTC would be tough.
I had played a Swamp Ash Special some time ago and like the center pickup and PRS is selling some Vintage Rails pickups on ebay so I grabbed one.
I was happy that the guitar would be 99% PRS this way.

So the plan took shape 59/09s with the Vintage rails center , BM switching and pick guard layout here is the rough concept and final drawing.

and the pick guard I ended up using , I also have an all black one in the same layout because I could not decide ;/

and the finished product

We added 2 Push Push pots the Vol pot reverses the phase of the center pickup and the Tone pot has a different Tone Cap to give the guitar a bit of a darker tone
This is my first PRS project I have never messed with any of my guitars before.
Really happy with the results it does the single coil thing REALLY well and the 59/09s are very strong. It is firmly a PRS sounding guitar but with the 25 1/4 scale Maple bolt on neck and pick guard it has its own thing going on.

Special thanks to my long time friend and Luthier ( Rob ) he helps me finish all the things I start and don't have time to finish
Heres his shop and a couple of action shots

Back