Missed it by that much (FedEx truck)

First thing I do when I find out something is coming FedEx is change the delivery to hold for pickup at a local FedEx office. Good grief, but I've had spotty luck with them. I ordered an amp from Sweetwater a couple years ago and paid the extra $2 for signature required. I was home when it was supposed to arrive. Around 6 that evening, it updated as delivered to an address five or six blocks away. It had actually been delivered next door, and they had been expecting a FedEx package and promptly drove it 25 miles south to Auburn before finally figuring out that it wasn't a bunch of dried fish and seafood in there.

I get most of my gear delivered to work - we have a shipping receiving department that is always there for deliveries, they know when the usual trucks show up, and there are no issues with signature required or not.

Plus, it avoids non-signature stuff being left by my front door in the rain all afternoon if my daughter isn't home to bring it in.

It's not always their fault. Phoenix is on a grid system so it's easy to find what you're looking for with just a house and street number, especially for the north/south streets which are numbered. I live on 27th street, so no matter where you are, 27th street will always be 3 3/8 miles east of Central. Then given the house number you can tell how far north or south it is.

But for some crazy reason we were having a tough time with packages last year, and couldn't figure out why. Then one day we caught an Uber back from a show downtown and the driver got off at an exit on the other side of the mountain preserve from where we live. Our address was pointing to some spot totally in the wrong place. Luckily I was sober enough to give him directions home.

Waiting for the delivery truck and thought of this thread. They come at 4 every single day, except when I have a guitar on the truck.

It's 6:30 now, I've been sitting downstairs in the apartment foyer for 3 hours because they never use the call box when a package comes.

Oy! My NGD is Friday. MY ups driver is a superstar. He`s even come to hear me play (of course, there were young pretty women involved, I`m not stupid.) Still, he is the man, and has never, EVER missed a delivery. Let`s just hope they don`t have a substitute driver on Friday. I might be SOL.

Waiting for the delivery truck and thought of this thread. They come at 4 every single day, except when I have a guitar on the truck.

It's 6:30 now, I've been sitting downstairs in the apartment foyer for 3 hours because they never use the call box when a package comes.

Oy! My NGD is Friday. MY ups driver is a superstar. He`s even come to hear me play (of course, there were young pretty women involved, I`m not stupid.) Still, he is the man, and has never, EVER missed a delivery. Let`s just hope they don`t have a substitute driver on Friday. I might be SOL.

Hey now, you boys holdin' out? Whatcha got comin'?

Hey now, you boys holdin' out? Whatcha got comin'?

delivered at 8:40 (non-prs contents). Shell pink partscaster, just for traveling and any purpose for which I would rather use a cheaper guitar.

Yep, best thing I ever did was to create (free) accounts with UPS and FedEx. When something like a guitar gets shipped my way I divert to a local store for delivery with two taps on my smartphone. I watch for delivery or they call me when it’s there and I drive over with a smile on my face. Boring, but stress free. Try it!

Plus, ahem, easier to slide it in the back door if the guitar is not expected by you know who.

My wife is a postmaster, so I can answer some of the "why is it so hard to deliver" questions.

Glad you got the guitar. Pics!

Yep, best thing I ever did was to create (free) accounts with UPS and FedEx. When something like a guitar gets shipped my way I divert to a local store for delivery with two taps on my smartphone. I watch for delivery or they call me when it’s there and I drive over with a smile on my face. Boring, but stress free. Try it!

Plus, ahem, easier to slide it in the back door if the guitar is not expected by you know who.

This is great advice. I do the same thing.

Youre-not-home---funny-ups-meme.jpg

5751eb5195704.jpeg

I get my stuff delivered to work, where we have a shipping and receiving department (who are very amicable to this).

Someone always there to sign for it, and I get to take a break and try out the new guitar/amp/whatever in front of a small audience. (If I am receiving a guitar, I bring an amp to plug into, or vice versa.)

Back