Mirror in your guitar room

Clashcityrocker

Curve Denier
Now I normally don't like to look at myself in the mirror but I do enjoy watching myself play guitar. I have a full length mirror in my guitar room and I love to see my PRS and other guitars being played. An added benefit is you can see what fret position you are in without having to stare down at the dots like a shoegazer. Anyone else do this?

Not me but if I did I would need to reach for the bag that we keep under the pillow in our bed because I am so ugly but then I would not see anything.

I like a mirror also fun to see the guitars and to check posture ( and the proper guitar pose )

A long time ago a music teacher suggested this. I did not do it till recently, and then it was by accident. I recently moved to a new home and started practicing in my bedroom. I looked up and happened to see myself in my wife's dresser mirror. I recalled the teachers suggestions and reasoning. You can see your hands from a different perspective which allows you to improve technique. If you perform live, you can improve your showmanship by adding or deleting something you are doing. Most importantly, it is a great aid with technique, at least for me anyway.

I have a widescreen mirror. It's like a full-length mirror, but sideways.

(Well, it's not like a full-length mirror, it's more like one of those mirrors that are almost full length that you mount on top of a chest of drawers.)

Excuse me. I need to get my glasses if I am going to look at myself in the mirror. I have avoided this because "stage presence" is not one of my stronger attributes.

Not gonna lie, I used to rock in front of a mirror all the time.

Now it's a different story..

Back