Mira pickup covers?

sunshy

Seen some nice pics of Miras with pickup covers. I'd like to add some to mine. Which ones fit? :confused:

Mira pickups and 245 pickups are basically one in the same. Mira's are typically uncovered and have a tap wire. 245's are usually covered and don't have a tap wire.

Grab yourself a set of 57/08s and pop the covers off. You may have to remove a spot weld...

Oh, I mean, just put the 57/08s in!
MiraFront.jpg

Mira5708s.jpg

This guitar is a total rock machine! It's an LP Special and Junior killer!

I agree it looks great! Mine had them already when I picked it up.

IMG_20130109_183638-1.jpg

Generally there are 3 sizes of humbuckers. 49.2mm is the standard vintage size, 50mm is used a lot these days and 53mm is considered F spaced. PRS SE pickups are 50mm in the neck and 52mm in the bridge. 52mm covers can be pretty tough to find, but that's a size mostly found on Asian made pickups.

I have not measured my PRS pickups in a very long time and I don't remember what size they are. If you have some calipers, you can measure the distance between the centers of the screw pole pieces and that will tell you which ones you need. There are lots of places to get them, Mojotone has the most variety.

I agree it looks great! Mine had them already when I picked it up.

Your guitar was the one that inspired me to get the covers! Looks great. I'll see if I can measure and get some covers. Though if anyone can name a specific one they bought that worked, by all means, post the link :top:

I got some off Ebay for my singlecut that I replaced the pickups on. Make sure you get the right polepiece spacing because at first I ordered the wrong king and had to return them. I like raw nickel because it already looks aged and will look more aged over time.

rUvp89GPJWtvfkT42
Seen some nice pics of Miras with pickup covers. I'd like to add some to mine. Which ones fit? :confused:

So I had to do this with some trial an error, but they're both 50mm sized covers. I got mine from Philadelphia Luthier Tools.

Last edited:
I got some off Ebay for my singlecut that I replaced the pickups on. Make sure you get the right polepiece spacing because at first I ordered the wrong king and had to return them. I like raw nickel because it already looks aged and will look more aged over time.

I have to have another post to upload a photo.

I didn't know how to measure. So I ordered the wrong covers at first too. Both covers that fit were 50mm.

That looks great! Real nice guitar. The vintage fit are less than 1mm different than the 50mm right? 49.2mm? Not too much of a difference. I sent pictures of my measurements to a guy at Philadelphia Luthier tools and he said, "looks like 50." So, that's what I went with.

I wish I could figure out a way to post a link that shared a picture. I mean I'm 30 yo and this is too advanced for me to figure out.

Back