Mini Rant

It's a good thing you got rid of it when you did. Playing that thing every day you probably would have ended up with heavy metal poisoning too!

Oh, I've got that! Right, jfb??? :rock:

I gave up on man's written inhumanity to man long ago. And women fail just as much, too. (<- notice that I used two 'o's. That means 'also')
*sigh* My mother was a language nazi, as well. That probably made me a language nazi youth.

Last edited:
Cartoon-+English+teacher.jpg

My father, a well educated man, always said "as long as you can fill out your football pools and a UB40 yourself you will never have a problem in life"

Here's one that has almost certainly come from bad use of the language and that is "off of" meaning, presumably, "from". I only noticed this a couple of years ago in conversation but have seen it slipping in to the written language as well lately. One I noticed today was in an article about kids who are going round stealing confederate flags in the US:
The article in question is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-33555541

Where has that come from, it certainly isn't in my vocabulary?

Hate that one too along with:

"Which" you.

"Youse" guy's.

"Leave" go.

"Youns".

Do to the serousness of this discussion, weather you agree or not, you might most prolly be right. Then again, supposably, you might not be.

I work with this guy.

Back