Metal pickup covers for 85/15 "s"

Avi

I got a great deal on a new 2018 S2 Standard 22 (-$300 from usual price ) but the pickups do not have the cool metal covers that the new S2s come with. I'd like to buy some and attach them myself. Are all humbucker pickup sizes the same? What's the right size for the 85/15 "s"? Anyone know where I can get them?

Ebay has tons of HB pickup covers. Made of Copper or Brass will change the sound. Made from Nickel is ok.

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I have seen here that the PRS pickups are 49.2 mm spaced. I didn't take a chance and I got solid covers with no post holes when I got covers for my Custom Semi-Hollow.

Reactions: Avi
The "S" versions are 50 mm neck and bridge.

Core (USA) PRS pickups are all 49.2 mm.

Agree to stick with nickel silver. All the various parts suppliers will have them. StewMac, Philadelphia Luthier, Mojo Tone, Allparts, etc...

Ebay has tons of HB pickup covers. Made of Copper or Brass will change the sound. Made from Nickel is ok.

Someone else can correct me if I am wrong, but I have seen here that the PRS pickups are 49.2 mm spaced. I didn't take a chance and I got solid covers with no post holes when I got covers for my Custom Semi-Hollow.
Did you drill your own holes or did you just cover up the posts?

Hello I’m new to forums (in general lol). I just have so many questions. I saw in another forum post that it wasn’t even possible to cover 85/15s pickups. Now that its 2 years later LOL how did it work out for you?

Back