Another real fun one
594 Hollowbody I w/ Piezo
Spalted Maple top with some Quilt!
Koa body!
Figured Mahogany neck
Koa fretboard
58/15LT humbuckers
Adjustable stoptail bridge
One F hole on bass side, 2 x 2 layout with 5th knob for Piezo blend and 3 way mini toggle

IMG_0855.jpg

IMG_0856.jpg

IMG_0857.jpg

IMG_0858.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

Hollowbody P594?????
That's just crazy...how do you think of this stuff???

Can't wait to see that 7 string multiscale!!! I had a Kiesell built with the exact same specs. Was very nice.

Amazing stuff Brian!! Super excited to see the multi-scale come to life!!

Hollowbody P594?????
That's just crazy...how do you think of this stuff???

Lol, I like Brian's ideas as much as anyone, but a hollowbody seems P594 quite tame from the Maestro. Every hollow body has a piezo and it's basically just the same thing with a different scale length/hardware. Still going to be amazing though :D.

Last edited:
Lol, I like Brian's ideas as much as anyone, but a hollowbody seems P594 quite tame from the Maestro. Every hollow body has a piezo and it's basically just the same thing with a different scale length/hardware. Still going to be amazing though :D.

Perhaps...but when one considers the "devil in the details" it seems more unique (at least to me). Not all PRS hollowbody models have the piezo (especially the HB1 model), and to my knowledge, none have had a shorter scale length than 25". None of the other "P" or hollow body models have individual volume/tone controls for the magnetic pickups like this build. It's much more of a unique hybrid of the two models (594 and HB1) and less of simply 1) putting a shorter scale neck on a HB1 or 2) putting a piezo into a 594. If you ever wanted a short scale, hollowbody construction PRS with piezo and individual vol/tone controls...and I sure do...this is it. One of these could make my 335 as lonely as my LP feels since the 594 model arrived.

Perhaps...but when one considers the "devil in the details" it seems more unique (at least to me). Not all PRS hollowbody models have the piezo (especially the HB1 model), and to my knowledge, none have had a shorter scale length than 25". None of the other "P" or hollow body models have individual volume/tone controls for the magnetic pickups like this build. It's much more of a unique hybrid of the two models (594 and HB1) and less of simply 1) putting a shorter scale neck on a HB1 or 2) putting a piezo into a 594. If you ever wanted a short scale, hollowbody construction PRS with piezo and individual vol/tone controls...and I sure do...this is it. One of these could make my 335 as lonely as my LP feels since the 594 model arrived.

I hear you, but to me it's just a hollowbody 594 (which accounts for the hardware/scale length/controls). Sure, not all HBs have a piezo, but most from PRS these days do, so it doesn't feel that special to me. It's definitely a great idea, I just don't consider it one of his "crazy" ones lol. But again, that's just me and I'm not the target buyer here so it doesn't matter what I think. This is what happens when Brian puts out so much crazy stuff, I think things like this are almost normal :D. Going to be a sick guitar when completed.

Sorry to derail the thread Brian, won't do so anymore, so back to the awesome vault photos and plans!!

Last edited:
Let's start with something very new and very exciting!

The first Custom 24 7 String Multi-Scale
Quilt Maple top, matching headstock veneer
Subzero Glow Smokeburst
Black Limba body with Korina neck
Ebony fretboard (angled frets)
25.5"/24.75" scale
Hipshot individual saddle bridge
Angled Bare Knuckle Aftermath Humbuckers
Black Hardware

IMG_0883-2.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT??????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MY MIND IS BLOWN. NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY. WOW.

ONLY 3/4 INCH SCALE LENGTH DIFFERENCE, BUT IT'S TRANSCENDENT. FULL COVERAGE ON THAT BUILD, PLEASE!!!!!!

Hey yous guys - Im putting some pretty hard to find PRS pickups on my site right now - if anyone is interested in following along.

very interested in the multi-scale option, it will be cool to see how that one turns out.

<- *cringes* and wonders what the up charge is.

Back