Mark Tremonti Meet & Greet @ Wildwood (CO) May 19th

james

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.wildwoodguitars.com/events/mark_tremonti.htm

From Wildwood:

"Meet and Greet with Mark Tremonti on May 19th
Info:
Mark Tremonti will be at Wildwood Guitars on Saturday, May 19th from 1-3pm. We welcome all customers and fans of Mark to stop by and hang out with us.

About Mark Tremonti:
Tremonti is a founding member of the American hard rock band Creed. He formed the band with lead vocalist Scott Stapp in 1995 with fellow members Brian Marshall and Scott Phillips joining as bassist and drummer, respectively. Rhythm guitarist Brian Brasher was also briefly a member in 1995 when the band was known by its original name, Naked Toddler. Creed is recognized by many as one of the major acts of the post-grunge movement of the late 1990s and early 2000s. Tremonti and Stapp have been collectively recognized as one of the most prolific songwriting teams in all of rock music.

Alter Bridge:
Alter Bridge was formed in January 2004 by Tremonti, Marshall, and Phillips after Creed disbanded. They asked Myles Kennedy, formerly of The Mayfield Four and the current vocalist for Slash's solo project, to be their singer. The newly formed band released their debut album, One Day Remains, in August 2004 on Wind-up Records. It saw mostly negative reviews, with many critics calling Alter Bridge an offshoot from Creed, but the album became Alter Bridge's only RIAA-certified album, going gold. Three singles were released from One Day Remains: "Open Your Eyes," "Find the Real," and "Broken Wings." After a tour, it was followed by a second album, Blackbird, in October 2007 on Universal Republic. Blackbird was met with largely positive reviews and released four singles: "Rise Today," "Ties That Bind," "Watch Over You," and "Before Tomorrow Comes." Its title track received strong acclaim from reviewers, and its guitar solo, which was performed by both Tremonti and Kennedy, was later named the greatest guitar solo of all time by Guitarist magazine in 2011.

Mark Tremonti and PRS Guitars:
PRS sent Mark a McCarty model which he instantly fell in love with. He played that guitar exclusively for a while, but ultimately wanted a guitar that was more suited to his playing style.

Mark Tremonti began to collaborate with PRS on his dream guitar that would soon become the Mark Tremonti Signature Model. He needed pickups that were a little more aggressive and could complement his rhythm playing which contains a lot of palm muting. The neck of the guitar needed to accommodate his style, influenced by thrash metal, shred, and traditional blues. PRS met these needs with the Pattern Thin neck carve."

Looks like I have plans for the 19th!

Now... how can I get a good deal on a Tribal Tremonti by Friday. :eek:

<EDIT> Bummer... it's from 1PM - 3PM.

I just saw that - thats pretty awesome! Mark's super nice too, you need to go Hans!

Hans said:
themike said:
I just saw that - thats pretty awesome! Mark's super nice too, you need to go Hans!
Can't, bradda. It's from 1-3PM. I'll be at work.

Oh man, you dont look so well Hans. You should probably take off and go to the "doctor" :roll: ;)

Back