Mark Holcomb Ltd Edition

DuncanCE22

Anyone checked this out yet? looks like an awesome bit of kit!

I'm a massive fan of Periphery and on the look out for a new guitar so unless a swanky new baritone comes into play then I think I may consider this.

Last edited by a moderator:
25.5 scale PRS? Sure! However, shipping in drop C is kinda lame and would require a set-up to get back to standard tuning. Not the end of the world, but a pain.

25.5 scale PRS? Sure! However, shipping in drop C is kinda lame and would require a set-up to get back to standard tuning. Not the end of the world, but a pain.

With a hard tail like that, any reputable dealer should adjust it to your liking upon receiving it.

They do that with the Clint Lowry signature SE, for me it wouldnt be an issue as I play a lot in drop C and this would probably become my main drop C guitar.

Yes that hardtail string thru body bridge is kickin'. I would love to see a PRS model offered with that bridge, a P90 in the neck, and a single coil in the bridge.

I don't quite fathom why PRS does this whole "unlimited quantity but short time frame to order" thing. I might consider this guitar, but not right now. If it was offered 12 months from now, I could be ordering one...except I have until mid-March instead. So unless one lingers around at a dealer or pops up used, I ain't getting one. At least offer it up for a whole year!

The Dusty Waring model is another one that just expired, order-wise.

I guess it make sense to PRS to do it this way...

I don't quite fathom why PRS does this whole "unlimited quantity but short time frame to order" thing. I might consider this guitar, but not right now. If it was offered 12 months from now, I could be ordering one...except I have until mid-March instead. So unless one lingers around at a dealer or pops up used, I ain't getting one. At least offer it up for a whole year!

I totally understand and can agree with you but on the other side, as a company, this allows them to produce the needed amount of guitars without having a surplus of unclaimed ones or wasted resources producing a guitar that doesnt hit projects. I think in the long run, this is our best shot at getting a variety of different models through core without needing to go PS. If the cost risk is minimized, they're more likely to experiment similar to how Wood Library works for dealers.

These should come in blue.

:iamconfused:

Who are you, and what have you done with Sergio?

Or...is it the case that you never intend to buy one, hence if they are blue an even bigger reason to avoid?

:wink:

The tactic is totally swiped from Music Man who does their preferred dealer runs with ordering windows of only a few weeks. Nothing wrong with that as its proven very successful for MM and time will tell if PRS deems it successful enough to keep doing these runs.

Well since it's the Mark Holcomb signature model and a lot of guys they're targeting are Periphery fans, it makes sense since that's a tuning they use all the time. Personally, I love the fact that they're shipping these in Drop-C, nothing lame about it... would save ME some pain. ;)

LOVE IT ALL...except for pattern thin. Too bad, I really love stop tail guitars.

Agreed, this is my only complaint. Kept me from ordering the Dustie sig as well. They should allow you to at LEAST have 2 neck options for some of these limited run dealios. Pattern Regular on a CU24 is glorious, that's the neck I have on my AP CU24 and it is absolutely perfect. Thin enough for shred, fat enough for comfort and makes the tone a bit fuller due to more mass in the neck. :rock:

Back