Mans best friend....the thread...l'll start...

Manny has the same reaction to loud noises. Fourth of July is always a challenge - our 7 yo son loves it, but it’s hell for our dog. Shakes so violently he’s basically vibrating all day long. We’ve tried the thunder coat, canine meds (we hate giving meds to Manny, always wonder about side effects), even have gone out of town where there are no fireworks allowed. This year extra difficult with the roof repair and replacement.

The 4th...ugh. It's a all natural doggy downer, a thunder coat, and a night in the basement at Casa de Bodia.

Spooks easy and panics.....I get that. Ginger is pushing 14 and slowing considerably. He's also getting a little hard of hearing. Which, for him, is good. Any type of thunder, firecracker, car back fire has him shaking in terror for what seems like hours. Now, if he's asleep, he never hears a thing. If he's awake, he can pick up the faintest thunder.

Oh yeah, we have to keep Attie well drugged for thunder and especially New Years Eve and Independence Day. And then of course the days before/after when people are blowing through their fireworks.

But downers aren't enough for grooming or nail trimming. The groomers told us not to bring her back and the vet has to put her under anesthesia for a nail trim!

Certified spaz, I tell ya!

Oh yeah, we have to keep Attie well drugged for thunder and especially New Years Eve and Independence Day. And then of course the days before/after when people are blowing through their fireworks.

But downers aren't enough for grooming or nail trimming. The groomers told us not to bring her back and the vet has to put her under anesthesia for a nail trim!

Certified spaz, I tell ya!

Nail trim....Tyler has LONG nails, and she has to be muzzled as she took a bite out of the vet tech. She's ok with that. Ginger, in his old age, as become intolerant of a brush. I can't go near him with risking loss of a hand. He doesn't mind walking in the rain or snow, but a bath...forget it. Has to be outside with the hose, and he needs to be anchored to two spots.

Which all natural supplement do you use?

The hounds have had good success with Zesty Paw 5in1 multivitamins.
Their coats have gotten much shinier and shed less (bonus!).

One greyhound has a terrible fear of thunder/loud sounds and for her, we give Composure which works pretty well.
... but can be a challenge to get her to eat the treats when she's too scared and you can't reach her head from under the bed!

Thankfully, I never have that problem about eating treats! o_O

Bridgette Bardog and Bob Sur Uncle...

bnb.jpg

The hounds have had good success with Zesty Paw 5in1 multivitamins.
Their coats have gotten much shinier and shed less (bonus!).

One greyhound has a terrible fear of thunder/loud sounds and for her, we give Composure which works pretty well.
... but can be a challenge to get her to eat the treats when she's too scared and you can't reach her head from under the bed!

Thankfully, I never have that problem about eating treats! o_O
Thanks, I’ll do some more clicking!

This is Gizmo. He's technically my sons dog but since I walk him, feed him, and pay more attention to him, I claim him as mine. :D

fFhCTkz.jpg

Oh yeah he's yours, just like Bro is mine. He came with the wife. It took him almost four years to really warm up to me and to accept the fact that I was the Alpha of our pack. But, it was not without it's difficulties, and I have a scar on my right nipple from him to prove it. One example was when I wasn't aware he was under a throw on the back of the sofa when I tried to give my wife a kiss before I left the house...that's when he nailed me! So, he's technically still my wifes dog...but we do have a history and he knows where to come if he wants to go for a walk, gets hungry and is ready to rock out to his favorite guitar player...me.

Last edited:
Back