Mans best friend....the thread...l'll start...

Beautiful pups!!

Heres mine!

Gibson

BgxS6pz.jpg

Gibson, looking at those un-broken headstocks with envy in his eyes. :)

She's not very rambunctious (I had boxers the first 28 years of my life), but she spooks easily and panics. I'm convinced she's never had good eyesight. She's a great dog, but that combo means she has no business near anything fragile!

Spooks easy and panics.....I get that. Ginger is pushing 14 and slowing considerably. He's also getting a little hard of hearing. Which, for him, is good. Any type of thunder, firecracker, car back fire has him shaking in terror for what seems like hours. Now, if he's asleep, he never hears a thing. If he's awake, he can pick up the faintest thunder.

L
No speedos for me in this lifetime! :) I’m just starting to workout again after six months of inactivity from the vertigo. Now on 3 month medical leave trying to get better and move past these lightheaded, dizzy spells.

I feel your pain bro....I had been meaning to ask how you were getting by after you mentioned the vertigo a while back. Man, that stinks! I feel your pain man. It sucks not being able to do what you once did without even thinking about it.

On a positive note...now you have extra time on your hands. For me at least, I have ample time to dedicate to playing now, this kind of spare time would only have been a fantasy just a few years ago, so now practicing all day and most nights...is my new job...and it's the best job I've ever had! The salary is non existent but the benefits are the best!! Sending positive vibes your way bro!

Nope...just you and this guy
rTy8PB7.jpg

This photo needs its own "caption this" thread :) I'm ashamed to say that the world would be a better place without idiots like this. Is he threatening his nuts? I'm happy to not see a PRS in the shot.

Here's the latest of our 2 rescue greyhounds.
They're a wonderful breed and quite the personality (as you can tell!):
41808231092_4e1284b967_z.jpg
41133770124_fd1bdc2251_z.jpg

Of course, they rule the house.

I totally agree. Out of all the dogs we've ever had (all rescues) , greyhounds take the prize. You can't just have one :)

This is Ginger. She's a rescue Bagle, half Basset/ half Beagle-although the Basset side is dominant if you ask me.
ww1GQIq.jpg
ww1GQIq.jpg

This is her typical response when I'm playing guitar or sitting on the couch strumming a Uke.

5Itkqnt.jpg
I get the same response from Manny dog!

L

I feel your pain bro....I had been meaning to ask how you were getting by after you mentioned the vertigo a while back. Man, that stinks! I feel your pain man. It sucks not being able to do what you once did without even thinking about it.

On a positive note...now you have extra time on your hands. For me at least, I have ample time to dedicate to playing now, this kind of spare time would only have been a fantasy just a few years ago, so now practicing all day and most nights...is my new job...and it's the best job I've ever had! The salary is non existent but the benefits are the best!! Sending positive vibes your way bro!
Thanks Scott! I got the right set of docs/PT now so the path forward back to health is clear, just a very long one. Appreciate the mojo!

Spooks easy and panics.....I get that. Ginger is pushing 14 and slowing considerably. He's also getting a little hard of hearing. Which, for him, is good. Any type of thunder, firecracker, car back fire has him shaking in terror for what seems like hours. Now, if he's asleep, he never hears a thing. If he's awake, he can pick up the faintest thunder.
Manny has the same reaction to loud noises. Fourth of July is always a challenge - our 7 yo son loves it, but it’s hell for our dog. Shakes so violently he’s basically vibrating all day long. We’ve tried the thunder coat, canine meds (we hate giving meds to Manny, always wonder about side effects), even have gone out of town where there are no fireworks allowed. This year extra difficult with the roof repair and replacement.

Back