Mans best friend....the thread...l'll start...

IMG_1243.JPG
Well someone didn't get the memo o_O

poobles doesn’t care about your memos and what have you. he’s getting a dog of his own when we settle down in the new place. the misses wants...

...an ibizan hound!

That's the spirit! Both of your worlds will be much better places for it...scratch that...yours will be...the cats will be...um uh, different?

Last edited:
Great thread and pictures! Most of my pics are on the computer, I’ll have to go digging for them :D

Here’s some quick phone pics of our dog Manny. He’ll be 12 next month.

Phone pic of a mousepad my wife gave me last Christmas. Real pic is on the computer.

264_FA29_E-_F302-413_B-835_F-_D3_C9_BE4_F2_ACF.jpg

After hiking a few miles

774_AF129-_D940-4968-_AAC7-38117_CB76_EDF.jpg

After kayaking

36_F095_C6-15_A2-487_B-_AA9_E-38_DBF068_A89_C.jpg

He’s a ‘cat dog’ Pekingese. A hefty 14lbs of muscle though, so bigger than most of the breed. Still highly ‘portable’ with a big bark but an even bigger heart.

You know what really stands out to me about this thread? How very happy all of these dogs are in the pictures!

I like to joke that if you want unconditional love (well, close enough anyway), get a dog. If you want unconditional aloofness, get a cat! :D

Now, now, feline lovers, I’m only kidding!

Mostly....;)

This is my favorite thread on the forum. These are the real private stocks.

And I’m diggin’ the names, too.

I like the comedies. I named our last golden retriever “Fletch” (obvious, Chevy Chase character) and our Jack Russell “Tripper” (Bill Murray in Meatballs) and said the next one was going to be after an Eddie Murphy character (possibly Axel Foley) so my wife insisted she was naming the next one, so he’s “Rudy.”

You know what really stands out to me about this thread? How very happy all of these dogs are in the pictures!

I like to joke that if you want unconditional love (well, close enough anyway), get a dog. If you want unconditional aloofness, get a cat! :D

Now, now, feline lovers, I’m only kidding!

Mostly....;)
You get two thumbs up. One for Manny, and one for kayaking!

I'm impressed so many members have cute dogs.
I live near the projects and everybody around here has a pit bull mix or some kind of dangerous looking pooch.

You get two thumbs up. One for Manny, and one for kayaking!
The Puget Sound region is awesome for kayaking. My FIL used to build boats and hydroplanes, he did a Pygmy wood kayak build a few years back and we’ll all go out for a couple hour kayak run. Typically see seals, herons, sea stars (don’t call them starfish!).

And we will all give ya a bonus thumbs up if ya don't you tell us you wear a Speedo while doing the kayaking...like DTR does:p
No speedos for me in this lifetime! :) I’m just starting to workout again after six months of inactivity from the vertigo. Now on 3 month medical leave trying to get better and move past these lightheaded, dizzy spells.

He's a good looking lad!
My dog too has light colored fur. When he was a pup, his nose was black, but after a year or so, his nose turned light brown. I did some "research" online and apparently it's a thing with fair coated dogs called "Winter Nose" or "Snow Nose". Some say that the nose will return to the original color during the summer months when the dog has more exposure to sunshine. This hasn't happened with my dog, but then again, he doesn't spends much time outside.
Thanks! He is a handsome boy. As for the snow nose, his is always that light brown color, and we get year round sunshine and no snow at all here in Phoenix. His doggie door is almost always open and he loves working on his tan in the back yard.

Back