Lightest PRS?

CE-man

After a marathon gig last night my back is still hurting, time for a lighter guitar. I'm thinking perhaps a Korina Mira but I sure would like a tremolo guitar. What is the lightest PRS (solid/chambered) guitar?

What model do you have and what does it weigh?

IMG_4824.jpg

Earth-3.jpg

I think that MAPete's is .02 lbs lighter, but this is about as light as it gets so far as I know for a solidbody. And this thing really does feel light (though doesn't sound it...)

IMG_4824.jpg

Earth-3.jpg

I think that MAPete's is .02 lbs lighter, but this is about as light as it gets so far as I know for a solidbody. And this thing really does feel light (though doesn't sound it...)

That is crazy light! I have a basswood Strat that weighs 6.13 and I thought it was light. This is amazing! What is the makeup of this guitar, mahogany body with a cedar top? Is it chambered?

Wow! My Goldtop DGT weighs 9.6 pounds. Both David Grissom and Len Johnson kinda grunted when picking it up for the first time...you know, that kinda hernia popping grunt?

CE man,
I had a Korina Mira that weighed 5 lbs, 13 oz. My chambered Artist 1 weighs 6 lbs, 6 oz. I'd consider them both to be very lightweight, but the tone doesn't suffer in the least.

After a marathon gig last night my back is still hurting, time for a lighter guitar. I'm thinking perhaps a Korina Mira but I sure would like a tremolo guitar. What is the lightest PRS (solid/chambered) guitar?

What model do you have and what does it weigh?

What were you playing and what does it weigh?

What were you playing and what does it weigh?

I'm playing the guitar in my avatar, it's a `91 CE-24 PRS employee guitar. It weighs a bit over 8 pounds which is not the lightest nor the heaviest of my PRS guitars, but we did a non-stop 3 hour gig in 90 degree/75% humidity last night. This was after work and after moving and setting up a massive P.A. system. Once we had finished setting up the P.A. I was already spent, I told the guys I was going to do the B.B.King and sit down for the gig.

CE man,
I had a Korina Mira that weighed 5 lbs, 13 oz. My chambered Artist 1 weighs 6 lbs, 6 oz. I'd consider them both to be very lightweight, but the tone doesn't suffer in the least.

My mahogany Mira was super light, I figured the Korina would be even lighter. I wish they had a tremolo version.

Another +1 for the CU22 Semi-Hollow Ltd. Mine weights 6.87lbs. It feels so light compared to a normal guitar.

Back