Let's talk about Beer, man!

Latest and greatest...Of late, Left Hand Coffee (nitro?) Stout is awesome, and after a short, but critical discussion with Bernie Marsden, during down time at a clinic at a local shop (Ryan Fowler`s) I'm on the hunt for Doom Bar...by Sharps, I think. But as typical, I give up the proverbial "man-card" after mowing the lawn...the newer Bud light Orange quenches, almost better than water, probaby because, well, you know...

Funny coincidence, I was thinking of updating this thread because I'd stumbled back across Left Hand Nitro Stout and thought it was really good... :cool: Plus it's fun to pour and their other varieties look pretty yummy too.

Just got back from Italy, the land of vino, but had a layover in Germany, the land of beer. I din't have much time, but I made the most of it.

View attachment 6142 View attachment 6143 View attachment 6144 View attachment 6145

I just checked in on this thread and saw this old post. HOFBRAUHAUS just opened a location in Illinois about 20 minutes from me. It's hot as hell in in the midwest (St Louis) and I went for the Hefe. It was an excellent choice. Perfect complement of banana/clove from the yeast. It was so good I didn't try the other offerings

I tried 7 beers at a local brewery today. One I would buy for the house. One my wife would buy. The others were ok, but I think I’ve been spoiled by some of the truly top shelf breweries I’ve sampled in the last few years.

But, the quest for the best beer, pizza, ribs and burger in the universe continues. Wanda has a lock on the best blueberry pie.

Last edited:
I worked pretty close to Troegs for quite a while. Really good beers and I liked the food they served at the brewery. Dogfish Head is my favourite brewery to visit though.

Reactions: jfb
I worked pretty close to Troegs for quite a while. Really good beers and I liked the food they served at the brewery. Dogfish Head is my favourite brewery to visit though.
I have a ton for respect for what Sam Calagione has done with Dogfish Head, but many of their beers are just too unconventional for me.

Back