Let's See Your Matching Amps & Guitars

Daniel

My 2-C-H with faded Abalone faceplate (to match the Experience P22) showed up this week. I'll get some pics sometime soon but in the meantime, show your matching rigs. I know I've seen some posted elsewhere so let's collect those pictures here! Who's first?

Does this qualify?
CK_358EywaNeckByBoogie.JPG

This one is easy for me!!

Home rigs are well coordinated with most everything Black Gold and Paisley, except for the Black 2 x 12 Deepmouth Cab. 2 Channel H, Original Sewell, Custom clone of Paul's MDT, and 4x12, 4x10, 2x12:

Amp%2520Harem%2520Pic%25204.jpg

2%2520Ch%2520H%25201.jpg

Ottawa gigging rig is 2 Channel H and 4x10 in Black with Gold Burst:

photo-25.JPG

Matches the Solana Burst DC Ted great! ;)

Best match (courtesy of MA Pete)

HXDA-MDT-2_zps8d95d740.jpg

Worst match (courtesy of me)
It does sound killer though with the MDT set dirty, the HX/DA set clean, Les Paul buffered and split into both amps, each feeding into a 40th Marshall 4x12 Alnico cab

mdt-hxdar8-3_zpsf788fdec.jpg

This one is easy for me!!

Home rigs are well coordinated with most everything Black Gold and Paisley, except for the Black 2 x 12 Deepmouth Cab. 2 Channel H, Original Sewell, Custom clone of Paul's MDT, and 4x12, 4x10, 2x12:

Amp%2520Harem%2520Pic%25204.jpg

2%2520Ch%2520H%25201.jpg

Forgot to mention another design criteria for the Home Guitar Room - most of my guitars have an Antique Natural Back. That is the coordinating element of all of the guitars with the Amp rigs.

Everything blends together, with Antique Natural, Black Gold and Paisley! But the guitar tops are where the color and bling are, everything else coordinates and ties it together It makes for a very pleasant place to hang out. For hours on end...

Just sayin'! ;)

Amp%2520Harem%2520Pic%25206.jpg

Best match (courtesy of MA Pete)

HXDA-MDT-2_zps8d95d740.jpg

LOVE that, awesome!!

When I had the 2 WL Glacier Blue Ted's, I was so close to pulling the trigger on the second MDT/2x12 at Willcutt's, in Blue Crab Blue and British Green.

Looks great, no doubt sounds even better!!

MA Pete and Aristotle, with as many amps as you have, I'd have fun, but I'd also go a little nuts trying to decide which one to play on what track!

Maybe 12 years ago, I had accumulated 5 Mesa combos and heads, an Egnater TOL combo, and a Bogner head. I had each head set up in the recording booth with the appropriate cab, and several mics set up at all times, ready to go. And I had a remote in the booth to operate my tape machines (I tracked with DA-88s at the time), so it was easy to arm a track and go. Just plug the pedal board into the appropriate amp and rock and roll. Except...

I could never decide on an amp. They all sounded great. Pretty much all of them worked in the context of what I was writing. So, thinking my clients could actually hear a difference (they didn't seem to be able to make any decisions like this actually), I'd track several amps, and try to decide on mixdown. This was, of course, a gigantic time waster, and I'd be up all night mixing for the next day's client presentation.

I finally gave up on this concept, got down to having two amps around (a Two-Rock and a Roccaforte that sounded kind of like a cross between Marshall and Vox), and was glad for it. The Rockie's in LA with my son lately. I figured he'd get a lot of use out of it with the style he plays. So I'm down to just the HX/DA, and I can make it work just about with anything, using the right mic or pedals, or whatever.

The odd thing is, every time I see a bunch of amps that look so tasty, as yours do, I start breathing hard, because it was fun having a lot to choose from!

Then I remember...and have to settle myself down....

Back