Let's see those dogs! (and other pets, why not?)

Olds442

Noelle is our 5 year old "great american mutt". we found her at a shelter when we weren't looking for a dog, or i should say, she found us.

She was 2 at the time, and had a litter of pups that were dispersed at a AL, TN and IN shelter on her way up to us in Chicago-land. She still had 2 pups with her that were already spoken for when we found her. But we didn't want a puppy, we wanted a good dog that needed a home.

She's a quirky and loving family member and all around happy dog. I take her to the dog park almost every day where she can play with friends or chase bikes and trains that run along outside the park fence. she's a runner for sure. Our dog park will never be invaded by bikes or trains, she keeps us protected haha.

The white dog is her boyfriend Calvin who lives down the street.

20170228_075749-ANIMATION_zpsihfdh4ok.gif

20160730_172935_zpsbzgojjiz.jpg

Let's see those dogs, cats, llamas, whatever you have roaming loose at home!

We've got two, both Rescue's. A 13 year old collie/retriever mix named Ginger (Baker), and an 8 year old Schiller hound named Tyler (Steven). We've had two others since '91. Ace (Frehley), a brindle terrier with one eye that was half blue and half brown, and Nikki (Sixx), a boarder collie. They have both journeyed over the Rainbow Bridge. Ace in 2007 (16 yrs old), and Nikki in 2012 (15 yrs old).

Here's Ginger. He's a goofball. He hates the bus, and police cars. If we get to a certain point on our morning walk, and the bus hasn't been by, he'll sit, or lay down. At that point, he becomes an immovable object until the bus comes. These two pics are of him waiting for the bus. A couple of action vids too. The bus routine, and his love of snow.

IMG_0048_zpszvip01ge.jpg

20140204_055424_zpsy6hjpmmr.jpg

And this is Tyler. She came to the Chicago area from Joplin, MO in 2012 after the tornadoes ripped through that area. She's not a big fan of really windy days, or thunderstorms. Her favorite pastimes; eating, and sleeping (preferably in the sun). Of course, chipmunks, squirrels, rabbits are a passion as well.

20140324_153142_zpsihagfkae.jpg

20130820_122952_zpsutvf2np6.jpg

20160223_095848_zpsysaakhfu.jpg

Damn, Bodia - Tyler looks like the dog we had to have put to sleep last year. She was 13 and had developed back problems. The vet is a friend of mine from high school, and I stayed in the room as they gave her the shot. At one point, I started laughing - doc said she was gone, then put her hand on the dog's front paw and the dog let out this big last breath. I think she thought I was startled, but that dog did not like having her front paws touched at all.

ETA: I showed the pics to my wife. She looked at them and said, "Oh my god - they could be brother and sister." Something that didn't quite click the first time - it didn't register that the second pic was a beanbag chair. Our dog laid almost exactly the same way in the bean bag chair she slept in (until we had to get rid of it). And she would lay on the floor just like the top pic. Weird.

Last edited:
Damn, Bodia - Tyler looks like the dog we had to have put to sleep last year. She was 13 and had developed back problems. The vet is a friend of mine from high school, and I stayed in the room as they gave her the shot. At one point, I started laughing - doc said she was gone, then put her hand on the dog's front paw and the dog let out this big last breath. I think she thought I was startled, but that dog did not like having her front paws touched at all.

Love it! Not that you had to have the dog put down. But, that last breath and front paw part is classic. What a great memory.

John, does his nose get black in the summer or does it stay brown year 'round?
When we first adopted him, he was just over 1 year old and his nose was black. It very quickly turned brown and stayed that way. Couldn't say what happened.

She falls down a well, her eyes go cross. She gets kicked by a mule, they go back. I don’t know.
55450d288e9064f245a0d5959a5805f6--christmas-vacation-quotes-christmas-humor.jpg

Photo bucket is just not working for me today...so if you want to see the cutest (although maybe not the manliest) dog in the world you will have to go to my dog Zefir's instagram..... zefirthedog

He's a good boy. Almost 3 year old Bichon-Poodle mix. 11 pounds of raging fury whenever the UPS guy shows up (which is not infrequently at the Tosca residence).

ETA: I showed the pics to my wife. She looked at them and said, "Oh my god - they could be brother and sister." Something that didn't quite click the first time - it didn't register that the second pic was a beanbag chair. Our dog laid almost exactly the same way in the bean bag chair she slept in (until we had to get rid of it). And she would lay on the floor just like the top pic. Weird.

Weird indeed! I hope to make it to a Steelers game this year. If I do, I'll have to make sure I'm there a day early so we can toast our pups!

Back