Lessons Learned - US Parts on SE

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by MichaelS, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Lee B.

Lee B. I stitch my wings and pull the strings.

This. I permanently mount my straps under the stock flanges using rubber strap blocks to make sure my suede strap doesn't find a way to wiggle off.

andypiggins likes this.
  2. LTigh

LTigh New Member

It were more experimentation than anything else, but I went with the Mann bridge upgrade kit-- basically replaces everything on the bridge except for the plate and comes with all the new mounting hardware. Everything went in pretty damn smooth, and it's the best thing I ever did for my Orianthi. Maybe John Mann designed it that way for the upgrade kit, but there were no issues with the mounting hardware.

It's about $75 less than a NOS 2000 and gets you about 99% of the way there.

May think about trying to find another Orianthi and doing a NOS 2000 install just to compare, Imma little weird like that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. MichaelS

MichaelS Jam. Eat. Sleep. Repeat.

I prefer the bar of either PRS or full MannMade trems compared to the SE bar...

4. LTigh

LTigh New Member

Okay, slight update, thanks to some promo e-mailed from John Mann:

They're now making a direct retro-fit bridge for the CE, S2, and SE called the #2040.

Only difference is the metric measurements and it's a 2- piece brass bridge rather than a one piece like the 2000.

Currently on NAMM special pricing for $175 (regularly $200).

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/mo...annMade_PRS_Vibrato_Gen_II_Bridge_p/2040.htm=

EDIT:. Also looks like they're offering their CEs with a free install/upgrade of the MANN bridge for a limited time, meaning that you get the new bridge and installation free with the purchase of a CE.

So's if you always wanted that new-school CE but we're put off by the filthy foreign bridge, here's your chance to get one with a MURIKA bridge at no extra cost.

Thus endeth the PSA.

#24 LTigh, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    John Mann likes this.
  5. MichaelG

MichaelG New Member

Oh man, that's a beauty :) What Seymour Duncan's do you have in that?

6. Fro

Fro New Member

I’ve installed two Mannmade 2000 trems on two different CE24s without any problems. I’m not sure if there is a tone difference but the tuning stability was noticeable.

7. oldjock

oldjock New Member

great job Michael. How did you find the wider string spacing? Looks like the high e is quite a bit closer to the edge.

8. Glide-bpm

Glide-bpm aCk!!! Thbfftt!!! :P

I ended up biting the bullet and installing the MannMade trems on my Orianthi, a CE24, and a project guitar...
    They are like butter! Definite tonal improvements!!! Both of these guitars (CE & Orianthi) have custom Pure Wound www.Zhangbucker.com pickups in them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. tonytester

tonytester PIC YOUR STRINGS WISELY

10. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

I’m sure you know this anyway, but a little candle wax on the bridge screws may have helped to prevent breakage.

It’s an old trick I learnt from a friend.

11. andypiggins

andypiggins New Member

Some really useful tips here - thanks everyone!