Lessons Learned - US Parts on SE

I have at least six pairs of good condition Schaller strap locks I'd gladly trade set-for-set against core model strap buttons... Gold and Chrome versions... I went from using Schallers to just mounting the strap permanently with the strap buttons when I shifted from Gibson/Fender to predominantly PRS guitars...
This. I permanently mount my straps under the stock flanges using rubber strap blocks to make sure my suede strap doesn't find a way to wiggle off.

So one of the mounting screws that the knife edge of the bridge pivots on actually sheared off? Wow, they must have been a lot bigger than the other bridge screws. I've never removed a PRS tremelo bridge before. Have thought seriously about putting a Mann on my SE Orianthi, but have always chickened out. Dohhhh

It were more experimentation than anything else, but I went with the Mann bridge upgrade kit-- basically replaces everything on the bridge except for the plate and comes with all the new mounting hardware. Everything went in pretty damn smooth, and it's the best thing I ever did for my Orianthi. Maybe John Mann designed it that way for the upgrade kit, but there were no issues with the mounting hardware.

It's about $75 less than a NOS 2000 and gets you about 99% of the way there.

May think about trying to find another Orianthi and doing a NOS 2000 install just to compare, Imma little weird like that.

MNfoUIL.jpg

wA2JZzJ.jpg

ZEv6nT2.jpg

I prefer the bar of either PRS or full MannMade trems compared to the SE bar...

Okay, slight update, thanks to some promo e-mailed from John Mann:

They're now making a direct retro-fit bridge for the CE, S2, and SE called the #2040.

Only difference is the metric measurements and it's a 2- piece brass bridge rather than a one piece like the 2000.

Currently on NAMM special pricing for $175 (regularly $200).

https://store.guitarvaultusa.com/mo...annMade_PRS_Vibrato_Gen_II_Bridge_p/2040.htm=

EDIT:. Also looks like they're offering their CEs with a free install/upgrade of the MANN bridge for a limited time, meaning that you get the new bridge and installation free with the purchase of a CE.

So's if you always wanted that new-school CE but we're put off by the filthy foreign bridge, here's your chance to get one with a MURIKA bridge at no extra cost.

Thus endeth the PSA.

Last edited:
It were more experimentation than anything else, but I went with the Mann bridge upgrade kit-- basically replaces everything on the bridge except for the plate and comes with all the new mounting hardware. Everything went in pretty damn smooth, and it's the best thing I ever did for my Orianthi. Maybe John Mann designed it that way for the upgrade kit, but there were no issues with the mounting hardware.

May think about trying to find another Orianthi and doing a NOS 2000 install just to compare, Imma little weird like that.

MNfoUIL.jpg

wA2JZzJ.jpg

ZEv6nT2.jpg

Oh man, that's a beauty :) What Seymour Duncan's do you have in that?

I’ve installed two Mannmade 2000 trems on two different CE24s without any problems. I’m not sure if there is a tone difference but the tuning stability was noticeable.

great job Michael. How did you find the wider string spacing? Looks like the high e is quite a bit closer to the edge.

MNfoUIL.jpg

wA2JZzJ.jpg

ZEv6nT2.jpg

I ended up biting the bullet and installing the MannMade trems on my Orianthi, a CE24, and a project guitar...
They are like butter! Definite tonal improvements!!! Both of these guitars (CE & Orianthi) have custom Pure Wound www.Zhangbucker.com pickups in them.

20708278_10209880364669789_5142442628021403933_n.jpg

20604210_10209838405940847_2171486915214382881_n.jpg

20604537_10209838405780843_954054248353538133_n.jpg

great job Michael. How did you find the wider string spacing? Looks like the high e is quite a bit closer to the edge.
guess I missed this reply last year...
... I don't feel a difference from the spacing and even though it's closer to the edge, I don't slip the e string off the side at all, which happens quite a bit on my core Santana if I don't pay attention...

Older thread, but I'll add what I learned upgrading an SE Santana (bridge, tuners) and SE Zach Myers (bridge, tuners, pickups, pots).

- USA pots require enlarging the holes to fit. I forget the measurements, but used a hand tool.
- I didn't need to drill the bridge screw holes out when moving from stock SE Santana trem to a 2000NOS.
- The 2000NOS is awesome.
- SE stock trems are drop-in replacements for MIM Strat trems.
- The studs in the MannMade 2300 Intonatable Bridge were deeper than the stud wells in the Zach Myers.
- If you're not so good at soldering, have someone else switch out your electronics.
- Don't expect an upgraded SE to cure you of Core model GAS.
- USA knobs will fit on SE pots, but they don't have the same number of teeth, so you'll have to force them on. They fit smoothly on USA pots.
- If the knobs are a bit loose, you can use tape to wrap around the pot first, before putting the knob on.

Older thread, but I'll add what I learned upgrading an SE Santana (bridge, tuners) and SE Zach Myers (bridge, tuners, pickups, pots).

- USA pots require enlarging the holes to fit. I forget the measurements, but used a hand tool.
- I didn't need to drill the bridge screw holes out when moving from stock SE Santana trem to a 2000NOS.
- The 2000NOS is awesome.
- SE stock trems are drop-in replacements for MIM Strat trems.
- The studs in the MannMade 2300 Intonatable Bridge were deeper than the stud wells in the Zach Myers.
- If you're not so good at soldering, have someone else switch out your electronics.
- Don't expect an upgraded SE to cure you of Core model GAS.
- USA knobs will fit on SE pots, but they don't have the same number of teeth, so you'll have to force them on. They fit smoothly on USA pots.
- If the knobs are a bit loose, you can use tape to wrap around the pot first, before putting the knob on.
Or if the spline has as split in it, open it gently to increase friction and hold your knob on!

Back