lee/chappers and 594 against sc594

I've got the rosewood neck with the 59/09 in the bridge...This is the BEST sounding guitar I've ever had from Mr. Smith...Over the years that would account for more than 30 of them.

Cool video, thanks for sharing it!

Love that Tobacco Burst DC 594!! I have one that looks just like it, great finish for the 594.

Of course after this was filmed Paul gave the Captain a brand spanking new McCarty Burst SC 594, at NAMM, and it blew his mind! (As mentioned in the comments below on this video.)

LOL, that is the bluesiest I have ever heard Chappers sound, must be those vintage guitars... ;)

I thought they BOTH sounded great, the SC and the DC! The Les Paul sounded pretty darn good too, "thicker", but also a little muddier to my ears, not as clear and crisp. I liked the SC 594 neck tone better, and the Les Paul bridge tone a little better, when he was going back and forth. Apples and oranges to some degree. I wonder how much of the difference was in the pickups?...

My Nitro Private Stock SC 594 Prototype with Peter Green Throbak pickups (slightly hotter than the LT's, but still very clear and tasty!) probably would have obliterated that Les Paul! :)
Hi, what do you think about the Throbaks PG in a Hollow Body I?

Hi, what do you think about the Throbaks PG in a Hollow Body I?

I think the Peter Green Throbaks would be great in any Humbucker guitar seeking medium output PAF tones! One of my favorite non-PRS pickup sets I have ever tried. I still have a set in my beloved Private Stock SC 594 Prototype, my favorite PRS guitar ever.

Back