lee/chappers and 594 against sc594

Well not what I hoped to see in a 594 comparison, but It's a half an hour well spent.

Edit: Watch to see Chappers ripping some \m/etal out of the 594. Any doubts I had about 594 versatility have fallen by the wayside.

Last edited:
Cool video, thanks for sharing it!

Love that Tobacco Burst DC 594!! I have one that looks just like it, great finish for the 594.

Of course after this was filmed Paul gave the Captain a brand spanking new McCarty Burst SC 594, at NAMM, and it blew his mind! (As mentioned in the comments below on this video.)

LOL, that is the bluesiest I have ever heard Chappers sound, must be those vintage guitars... ;)

I thought they BOTH sounded great, the SC and the DC! The Les Paul sounded pretty darn good too, "thicker", but also a little muddier to my ears, not as clear and crisp. I liked the SC 594 neck tone better, and the Les Paul bridge tone a little better, when he was going back and forth. Apples and oranges to some degree. I wonder how much of the difference was in the pickups?...

My Nitro Private Stock SC 594 Prototype with Peter Green Throbak pickups (slightly hotter than the LT's, but still very clear and tasty!) probably would have obliterated that Les Paul! :)

I usually listen to this videos trough my senheiser headphones in order to catch every detail possible due to the youtube video compression and the limitations of PC speakers. And I disagree with the sentence "both sound the same, just pick the ergonomics and the lighter body or choose the vintage look".
IMHO, 594 sounds closer to a regular McCarty, that warm-but-clear-note-definition, whereas the SC594 has more lows, thicker sound. They are not the same guitar.

Chappers can rip metal out of anything with strings! And we've noticed lately that he's been working more on his hybrid, finger style, and blues playing.
That boy can play a lot of styles well. Lee's been practicing a lot, and it really shows lately.
They do make the comment & observation that the pickup heights are different on the 2 guitars, which effects the results as well...

I agree with Basauri. I didn't think the two guitars sounded the same at all. They sounded very similar, but the SC definitely had more bottom end oomph.

I'll also note that Lee doesn't know very much about PRS guitars. For example, he thought the bridge material was steel (it isn't); he thought the finish was thicker than an LP (it isn't); he said that PRSes don't use nitro (they do on PS guitars and older DGTs); he thinks Ted McCarty designed the McCarty (Paul Smith designed it with a few suggestions from Ted); and there were a couple other errors in his facts.

As far as I'm concerned, while entertaining, the video demos Andertons does aren't all that well done compared to some really good ones one can see on the web.

But they are kind of fun to watch sometimes. :)

So you're ready to send that gray black fade 594 up to me then, yes?

Err, ummm.....that's not exactly what I meant o_O
Did you notice how I added the yes at the end there? Kind of suggestive, you should do this, positive/affirming sorta thing. How bout this:
jedi%20meme_zpskqbwsrsa.jpg

At any rate, nice that they did the video. I find them entertaining at times. Most of the time though, I won't burn a half hour on a youtube vid. Their vids are generally to long for me. Guess ya gotta consider it to be like Saturday morning cartoons(do those still exist?). I agree with Les that they should be sure they are stating facts regarding whatever they review. That's how people get misinformed.

Did you notice how I added the yes at the end there? Kind of suggestive, you should do this, positive/affirming sorta thing. How bout this:
jedi%20meme_zpskqbwsrsa.jpg

I got your Obi Wan right here....:D I'd bring it to a gathering so you could fondle it.

That Les Paul sounds so thick and undefined, where as the 594SC has far more note definition and rings more. Then you've got that ugly pickguard and selector ring just cheapens the whole guitar...oh well,

Back