Leave the age or not?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Imgettingcloser, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Imgettingcloser

Imgettingcloser New Member

Thank you everyone. Just finished polishing the frets and tried mothers mag and aluminum on the bottom of the bridge. I like it:). I'll check out the blue magic before I do the rest but the mothers did pretty good.

2. Dusty Chalk

Dusty Chalk alberngruppenf├╝hrer

The fixed intonation bridge is designed for standard. As long as you're alright with the intonation when you're in Drop D, then you're probably fine.

3. gush

gush New Member

I agree

Dusty Chalk likes this.
  4. Parralax view

Parralax view New Member

My 14 yr old McCarty is just now beginning to patina. Mostly on the pickup covers. I keep it nice and shiny, but I'm not going to the extra effort to make it look new, it's not. Frankly, I like the striped patina that shows up between the strings over the pickup covers, the bridge, not so much. I never polish or use chemicals on it, just a microcloth. It stays pretty nice. It does tarnish more in that recessed area under the strings right after the saddle, but that's a dust collector area and that contributes to the overall patina. I'm not much of a "hand rest" kind of guy so the only part that is really patina-ed well is the bass side bridge stud top.

5. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Club Vice President

Let it age....