Just sent an email to the PTC....

Michael B

Well, was playing guitar this morning on the couch in brighter light in my living room when I noticed the frets on my Tremonti are destroyed....its playable but there are lines down some of the frets and when Len Johnson did a setup a few months ago he said I was going to need a new nut soon, my Tremonti is just about to turn 3...I guess I play pretty hard so in my email to PTC I asked about switching to DGT frets. Maybe Shawn or someone could chime in here for me:) ! I also had a few opportunities to meet Mark Tremonti and he signed the back of the headstock so I want them to clear coat that. I'm so nervous about shipping my grail...not worried about PTC or anything just the shipping, should I get the shipping package that PRS offers? looks like a good way to go about all this. Thanks in advance for any info!!

Can't be too safe. I think an re-fret job would do wonders but sounds like the SE has softer frets than a USA?? 3 years seems quick even if you do play the heck out of it. The PTC would be ideal to cover the signature. I just had a guitar shipped to me across country in a regular guitar box. They packed the guitar snug inside the case and has some bubble wrap on the ends protecting the guitar from being "shocked" or knocked around inside the box.

The PTC shipping package isn't too bad since it includes the shipping charges. I also vote for the 6100 Frets (DGT). Bigger is better!

Thanks guys, I'm getting jacked myself for the larger frets!! The emails are being exchanged between Shawn and I...thanks again Shawn, you are hooking me up! I hope you got the pic I emailed you of the small ding I want touched up!! Shawn, I'm also thinking while you have her, I'd like some ebony tuning knobs installed as well. I'm sure we will be talking thru emails tomorrow!! Can't wait till this is done, my Tremonti will be SWEET!! Re-fret,new nut, switching the knobs around and sealing Tremonti's autograph on the headstock!!

Back