Joined A New Club....

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
Club 513!!!! I've been looking for one for quite a while. Especially after playing Rider's several months ago. Of course, I got a nudge on this one. Wasn't really in the market for another guitar. Little "text" notification goes off on the cell phone last Thursday morning. It's from Sergio, and it's nothing but a link to this guitar. Cheap, cheap, cheap, 2009 in Powder Blue. Likely because it appears to have been rode hard. Fortunately, not put away wet. It's definitely been around the block. I'm conflicted about a refinish, leaving the character as is, or going the rest of the way with a razor blade. Neck and frets are in great shape, especially compared to the body! Trem is decked. I may just leave it like that though. Action is super low, and it screams! Really like it!

WVvuthw.jpg

aV3hF1e.jpg

gT743kk.jpg

Elf7tK8.jpg

cvAT5y7.jpg

gUjz4YX.jpg

oEkcIzZ.jpg

Pa2sgbJ.jpg

Sn6a4re.jpg

SMlYr1C.jpg

Nice! Surprised to see Sergio recommending a blue guitar to anybody:eek:! I guess you'd call this "moderately reliced". Ya gotta wonder where this one got bounced around!

... 2009 in Powder Blue. Likely because it appears to have been rode hard. Fortunately, not put away wet. It's definitely been around the block. I'm conflicted about a refinish, leaving the character as is, or going the rest of the way with a razor blade. ...
Congratulations! Cool guitar. I would do neither. It's honest wear, let it continue to wear. That paint looks great with some scars. I wouldn't fake it, I'd just play the crap out of it and let the natural relic continue.:)

That is cool congrats !!!!! would love to try it out and I will set the bridge up for you :)
The maple neck must be great !!!

Hey how do I get on the Sergio cool guitar list

Looks like a cool guitar!

I'd of course have it refinished, because I like shiny, new-looking stuff. I'm just that way, nothing wrong with leaving it alone, either.

Seems to me that trying to make a poly finish look like an old nitro finish is kind of a non-sequitur, but if you're going to leave it as-is, I can see why.

Awesome 513! I too would leave it in its current condition - it looks nicely aged, as it were.

I've got a bit of 513 GAS. There was a nice one that popped up on Reverb (Dave's Guitar, IIRC) a month or so back, but I had literally just bought my SE Holcomb, otherwise it might be mine...

I"ve always wanted to try one of those. Never have played one. Congrats!

Congratulations! Cool guitar. I would do neither. It's honest wear, let it continue to wear. That paint looks great with some scars. I wouldn't fake it, I'd just play the crap out of it and let the natural relic continue.:)

I think that's a good call. It would look awesome in Hot Pink though!

Hell yeah. That's a Swamp Ash 513 too, right? When I saw it I knew it was gonna go fast.

I believe that's the second blue guitar I sent Bodia a link to that he's purchased, the first being his HBII.

It is a Swamp Ash. I had my eye on one a few month back. Same color, in excellent condition. I saw it in the AM, went back 2 hours later and it was gone. This one was only up for a couple of hours too. I should also mention that it has had the wiring upgrade from the PC board.

As for the HB11, I still contend it's green. Teal Black technically. But it doesn't look blue!

That is cool congrats !!!!! would love to try it out and I will set the bridge up for you :)
The maple neck must be great !!!

Hey how do I get on the Sergio cool guitar list

Thanks, Mike! I may take you up on that. The maple neck is great, but it'd be KILLER if it was satin.

Back